cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
castleb
Message 1 of 10

Problem with BT Vision sports card

Hi, grateful for any assistance....
I have a black vision plus box. My bt sports card arrived today (actually getting it proved to be a bit of saga!) and I have been trying without success to activate it.
When I place it in the machine (right way up and right way round) I do not get any message on screen to say that it's has been inserted successfully (whereas when I place an old and now redundant card bt/sky card in the slot I do get this message). However, When i remove the card a message comes up state that the card has been removed.
Bt sports appear on the channel guide but when I tune to, say, ch58, with the card inserted all I get is a black blank screen, no messages. I have left it there for an hour tuned to the same channel, no change. I have rebooted the box and repeated - no change, just a blank screen. I have reactivated the card online rebooted and tried again - sill no luck.
Is the card faulty or am I missing something?
If i have to call a help line, what of the many numbers do I call (actually getting the card took a good couple of hours of calls!)
Thanks for any help
Rob
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
anwright
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Problem with BT Vision sports card

I rang 0800 111 4567 & got through to a technical helpdesk - though they haven't fixed my problem yet.

You're issue sounds similar to mine - see: Error Message "VSP112 - Please wait whilst we activate your card", although at least I am getting an error message.

I'll let you know as & when I get my card activated.

0 Ratings
philcarson
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Same problems for me.  Got told that BT sport would work with my old Sky Sports viewing card.

Now got the new viewing card and it doesn't even recognise it just a blank screen.

1 hour on hold being transferred from dept. to dept. to be told I'm not registered for BT sport via Vision and this needs to be done first.

Absolutely useless.

0 Ratings
SR-71Blackbird
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Exactly the same for me. Card arrived today, put it in the BT Vision box correctly and then waited for the card to register. After two hours I took the card out and registered it online, put it back in the BT Vision box, rebooted it  and... nothing. I have repeated this process twice more. In the end I phoned the helpline and opted for a call back within the hour. That was three hours ago!!! The way BT treats it's customers is appalling. So BT, when is going to work?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Try this. Remove your aerial from the box, do a channel scan. Obviously it wont find any channels, but it gives you a clean starting point.

Switch off at the mains and replace your aerial.

Let it go through the start up process and do a manual scan if you have to. I seen this on another thread and it worked for some. Good Luck.

Telboy.

0 Ratings
castleb
Message 6 of 10

Thanks all.
It's now working. I went out forgetting the box was on (black screen), card in and still tuned to 58 and had been for 90 minutes. When I came back two hours later it was working. So, activation took between a hour and a half and three and a half hours. Only issue now is ESPN does not appear in the listings at ch34 ( but does on all other non bt tellies) but I can live with that for now (although baseball would be nice).
Good luck
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

ESPN is no longer on DTT, only streamed via Infinity or through the online player.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 10

@castleb wrote:
... Only issue now is ESPN does not appear in the listings at ch34 ( but does on all other non bt tellies) but I can live with that for now (although baseball would be nice).

You won't get ESPN over the TV aerial. It stopped transmitting after July 31st and is now actually being removed from the line-up. If you retune TV's etc in the near future it should disappear.

It used to be on multiplex COM4, but has now gone according to this up to date list.

These are the sports channels BT provide. They have always said ESPN wouldn't be available over the aerial.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45916/c/348,6602,6608

0 Ratings
SR-71Blackbird
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

My card is also now working. During the night our Vision box updated to the New Look version software, and hey presto the Sport card now works! The only problem now is that the TV Guide only goes forward about 4 hours which could make setting up recordings tricky...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

The EPG should soon fill itself in for 7 days ahead. I think the New Look EPG is fed from the aerial rather than the BT servers (though I may be wrong on this). One tip though if you still think it's incorrect.

Go to Guide and then press the Red button (I know its' not listed as an option). Wait about 10-15 seconds and then you should get a message saying it has refreshed the EPG. Sometimes this cures some EPG issues.

0 Ratings