cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bluestar87
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Problems viewing BT Sport Online Player via PS4 browser (VC010, VC083)

Go to solution

Hi, I recently signed up to the BT sport app / online player. I have been trying to watch the online player on my TV via my PS4 browser. The first time I tried for the Champions League matches I kept getting an error code VC010 - 'sorry, you have too many live streams running at the same time.' I had no other streams running on this or any other device. After 40 mins or so this went away and it started playing fine.

I tried again to watch the football this Saturday and could not get beyond the error code VC083 - 'sorry, there was a problem playing the video. Please refresh the page and try again. If the problem persists please check our FAQs for more information.' The FAQs suggested only logging out and in again which didn't help. Today however it is working fine...

I really want to watch the Champions League games this week so any advice on how I can stop these errors would be greatly appractiated!

TIA!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
hcl95
Message 2 of 10

Re: Problems viewing BT Sport Online Player via PS4 browser (VC010, VC083)

Go to solution

Same thing is happening to me, think it's to do with the recent update but god knows, is really frustrating. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @hcl95  and @Bluestar87  sorry you had these errors when trying to watch BT Sport online player.  Did you experience any issues when trying to watch the Champions League games midweek? If you are still getting these errors let me know and I'll be happy to get the problem reported.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bluestar87
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2, unfortunately I'm still unable to view the online player on the PS4 browser. Working fine on my computer and phone now. I messaged the BTSport webchat and was told that apparently to watch the online player on the PS4 I need a BT bolt-on, but then the person I was chatting to didn't know how I could get this and advised me to call a number which must have been an incorrect number as it doesn't ring through. Can't find anything about a bolt-on online. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Bluestar87  thanks for getting back to me. I've not heard of this add on either so we will need to look into this further for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bluestar87
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2, I discussed this with @NeilO via PM as you suggested. Neil advised that the error was due to 'issues with the browser decoding the HTML5 stream that the content is delivered over' and that I would need to contact Plusnet to resolve this. I have spoken to Plusnet and they have advised that this is an issue with the BTSport player and something BT need to resolve. So I'm at an impass. I've tried to contact Neil again via the PM chain but haven't heard back. Any thoughts on what to do next? Thanks!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Not being a PS4 user  I may be way off here but i didn’t think watching BT Sport was supported on that device.

using a internet browser on an unsupported device would i suspect lead to unpredictable results ,you might get a web page to load but I wouldn’t expect live content to play.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Bluestar87 We did look into this and sorry but the BT Sport App is not supported on the PS4 as @zulu17  has pointed out.

Thanks 
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Bluestar87
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks @JohnC2, I realise there isn't a PS4 app, I have been trying to view the online player via the browser, which I was able to do previously but no longer. An app would likely solve the issue. Is there any plans for a PS4 app? I believe there is one for the Xbox.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Bluestar87,

I'm not aware of any plans for a BT Sport App for PS4 at the moment. If I find out anything I'll let you know.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings