cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Problems with BT Sport on laptop

Go to solution

Used to watch BT Sport through the app on the laptop without a problem, Since this has been discontinued, I have tried to watch live by signing into BT but all I get is constant buffering on every sport programme making it impossible to watch. I have checked my broadband speed and it is good and I have no problem watching Now Tv or other streaming sites?  What is the problem with BT?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Problems with BT Sport on laptop

Go to solution
Which browser are you using?
What version of Windows?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

I am using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

No known issues. Could you please send me a DM with your BT ID so that I can try to see what's going on.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, seem to have sorted it. Switched browser to Chrome and player is now working OK. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
OK cool. Thanks for updating.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Darren- I ran into buffering whilst trying to watch football last night. 5 secs of play then gone then back for 2 hours... Im using Google Chrome already for my PC connection and watching via the PC only. I dont have a smartphone or tablet. Can you help me please? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Add “longwinded” to buffering and jerky, as comments on the new “take it or leave it” official access to BT sport via a laptop, great step forward in customer service,
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Yes not too good at present assd. 

Im a Liverpool fan and so it was probably good that it kept buffering during the Napoli game last night 🙂

Darren has indicated that BT are working on a low definition version that will need less processing but he doesnt have a timescale for when it will be up and running. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I too am having problems with watching BT sport on my laptop. The app worked well for me, but now it is no longer supported, using the recommended bt.com/sport/watch leads to a feed that jerks  buffers and is unwatchable. There was, as far as I can see, no warning of this change, which there should have been: there's  plenty of unwanted marketing mail comes my way. Following advice from Customer Service I cleared the cache and history, and log in (on Windows 10) through a freshly-downloaded Microsoft Edge, with only a slight improvement. The feed from the webpages used to be dreadful: that's why Customer Services recommended the app to me several years ago; they knew the feed from the website was poor. It looks like it's not improved in the meantime. I missed the whole match on Saturday, and sgain on Tuesday. On Wednesday I watched on my phone. I don't  understand why the app is no longer supported: anybody any idea? Getting rid of if is NOT an improvement in service. Also, any suggestions for improving the feed would be welcomed. My laptop works fine with everything else: iplayer, ITV and channel 4 catchup, andvI have no problems with it anywhere else. I am convinced that this is a problem with BT, and I 'd really like them to sort it out.

0 Ratings