Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Problems with registered devices

Go to solution

I have two registered devices. They have always been the same. The android tablet seems to work fine. My PC however sometimes gets rejected with an error saying "too many devices registered". I have in the past deleted the device and tried to re-register it. I tried the online chat to solve my problem last night but they didn't have much idea of what I was trying to resolve.

As it stands now, my "spare slot" is saying 1 day until I can re-register. It said that yesterday! It's somehow got confused and I think it may have something to do with CC Cleaner (read on another post). I have recently used this. So I also need to understand how to avoid this problem in the future. I see moderators have been able to resolve these issues with some sort of a re-set. I'm not trying to fiddle the system, just want my player to work on my PC.  I wish there was a dedicated team that could easily be contacted when people get stuck with their devices. Any help or re-assurance would be most appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problems with registered devices

Go to solution

Hi MrMRWalters welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry that you are showing as the other device can be registered after 1 more day but it has not updated. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to help you with this.

Cheers
John

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Dear JohnC2, its been a while since I have run CCleaner on my PC and decided to do it this morning. The first thing i tried was to run BT TV on PC and sure enough exactly the same has happened again. So I know for sure that something stored on my PC is being wiped by CCleaner which is confusing BT TV and seeing it as an unregistered device. Could you please reset again as you did before and I will try and track down the cookie that I need to keep, regards Martin
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution