cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Purchasing BT Sport Monthly Pass as Existing Broadband Customer

Go to solution

I am an existing BT broadband customer wishing to add the BT Sport Monthly Pass as I don’t wish to commit to a 24 month contract. Is this possible, and if so how?  Whenever I try to add it I end up being asked to set up a new BT ID. If I select the option of ‘Returning Customer’ I am taken back to the main My BT page and find myself in an endless loop.  Incredibly frustrating!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Purchasing BT Sport Monthly Pass as Existing Broadband Customer

Go to solution

When I bought a pass for a couple of months, I ended up having to set up a new BT ID with a credit card for payment, as the sales journey is only set up to offer existing customers a contracted version (app only or via BT TV, both with 24 month contracts).

I’ve just logged in and tried the journey again and get the same outcome as you.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Yes - it's definitely best to create a new BT ID to buy a monthly pass. It confuses our systems too much to try to have 2 different billing relationships set up on a single BT ID, and we often saw errors with profiles not having their subscription applied successfully.
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

When setting up the new BT ID I presume I should use a different email address to avoid confusion with my current ID?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Yes - it's not possible to create more than one BT ID with the same email address.
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for your help. Monthly Pass is now up and running!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks.
0 Ratings