cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_prime
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: ESPN online restrictions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know precisely how much of ESPN's content online is going to be restricted?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone got an answer to this?

And is this situation likely to improve in the future?

I can only see it getting worse as more 'Rights-holders' break their products down to sell over the many different media platforms.

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 12 of 24

Re: Online broadcast restrictions on some ESPN content

Re: The playoffs.

I can offer a crumb of comfort. MLB.TV is about a fiver for the playoffs.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 13 of 24

I would presume when the contracts are up for renewal then BT will get the online rights as well.
0 Ratings
lodge1954
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 24

It would be helpful if BT could indicate on their schedule for ESPN if an MLB game is not going to be available online.  It is rather annoying to find out just when the game is due to start.

0 Ratings
the_prime
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would presume when the contracts are up for renewal then BT will get the online rights as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would 'Presume' that they may bid for the online rights, that doesn't mean that they will get them.

Also, is there a seperate online rights package for Premier League Football?

If so, who has it?

I know Yahoo had the Online highlights package, but that recently changed to someone else.

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 16 of 24

News International have the highlights now.

Sky has the linear as-live games, but they still don't seem to have announced who has the on-demand as-live games.
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 17 of 24

I doubt BT will bid for online baseball rights, the terms of any new contract might clear-up the broadcasting of the live games they do show online though.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Equally disappointed here about these 'restrictions'. Live baseball was the primary reason I went through the trouble to set this up. Yeah, yeah, there are day-after re-broadcasts ... not the same thing at all. Also annoyed that not only is the extent of this restriction issue not disclosed in the pages & pages of BT fine print, but also that we customers with such legitimate service questions are shunted off into some Forum and left to talk to each other rather than BT taking responsibility to communicate or clarify these things to its customer based itself. Forums - just a way for BT to say 'Don't bother me; just gimme yer money.' 

0 Ratings
JanT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Info at this link may help
Programmes blocked on the BT Sport App and btsport.com in August and September 2013
Lots of restricted games

Nothing said about this when I signed up. I asked if I could get live baseball and was told yes, but nothing of restrictions. Bunch of lies, to grab your custom. Disgusting.

0 Ratings
lodge1954
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 24

....And yet another re-run blacked out Sunday 18th at 9am, which was not on the published list of blacked out games.  How about a COMPLETE list, BT?  I'd like to know the FULL list of games not viewable online.

0 Ratings