cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Recording BT Sport Extra Channels

As a rugby fan I was very happy with how things used to be.  I could watch/record all games since they were on BT Sport 1, 2 or 3. 

There are now more games (which is great) but I can't always record the games on the Sports Extra Channels (I get an error message) and if I do manage it then it seems to stop any recording on the main BT Sport Channels.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a technical issue?

It wouldn't be so bad if the games on the Extra channels were subsequently available on catch up but they're not.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NigelB72
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Recording BT Sport Extra Channels

I believe once a program is added to the EPG on the extra channels, you can record them if you're on BT TV. 

0 Ratings
ozsat
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

How many games or programmes are trying to record and be watched at once?

Tired the Red Button rubgy here and it is recording fine.

@Lisleywrote:

As a rugby fan I was very happy with how things used to be.  I could watch/record all games since they were on BT Sport 1, 2 or 3. 

There are now more games (which is great) but I can't always record the games on the Sports Extra Channels (I get an error message) and if I do manage it then it seems to stop any recording on the main BT Sport Channels.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a technical issue?

It wouldn't be so bad if the games on the Extra channels were subsequently available on catch up but they're not.

Many thanks in advance.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using BT Hub 6A with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) via 5GHz WiFi.
0 Ratings
Lisley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thanks to Ozsat and NigelB72 for their responses.

On Wednesday evening there were 5 rugby games on offer with 3 of them on the Sports Extra Channels.  So I thought it best to do what I knew would work which is to record the two consecutive games on BT Sport 1 and watch the two consecutive games on one of the Sports Extra Channels - and live with missing the Saracens game.

Unfortunately I was not even able to do that.  The message said that I could not record on BT Sport 1 while watching on the Extra channel.  Nothing else was set to record at that time. So, to be clear, it was effectively saying that I could not even record on one other channel if watching on the Extra channel.

So I was able to watch only 2 out of 5 games and the other 3 had not been made available on catch up as of last night.

It would be helpful if a BT TV Expert could answer this query as there are 5 more games on Sunday and I'm gong to miss a lot of them at this rate!

Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings