cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Recording timings BT Sport

I have BT Sport for one reason to watch Baseball. I know it is a minority interest.

I have it all on series record.

I get that it is a variable length when live and grumble but not complain when the live recordings end without catching the end of the game, avoidable with better technology or dynamic EPGs.

But the daytime edited highlighted repeats with no added innings can still stop recording without catching the end as happened yesterday afternoon with my recording of the Red Sox game which I tried to watch last night. That sure,y shouldn’t happen.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Recording timings BT Sport

I agree totally - I have now had 2 games either not finish due to a rain delay or extra innings. So after 3 hours it just stops. 

You must be able to rectify this issue as as other broadcasters can and its not like BT Sport is free or even cheap. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

It also happens when viewing The Rugby Championship on Sky Sports in Big Sport. Have lost the last 5to10 minuets on recent games.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@stuartrogerson  Accurate record of  main BT Sport Channels is I believe occurring now on the BT Box Pro with the last update.  The earlier boxes will  I believe record based upon the EPG timings.

@cooperman  it has been reported in another thread that the NOW  supplied channels currently don’t have the required data to enable that Accurate Recording to occur  so will record based upon EPG timings,

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@zulu17 thank you for updating me, hopefully it will,get sorted soon otherwise Itmeans having to watch Sky live.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

If I interpret it correctly  @cooperman  it will depend upon  BT  getting the data feeds for the EPG triggers. So the  the ability to provide accurate recording on the IP channels exists on the BT Box Pro  but they need the data to be provided. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

So Accurate Recording did its job for me today (more or less). I set the Aussie Rules to record this morning: BT Sport 1 HD (channel 430), 9 Sep, 10:30-1:30. As the Friday night games tend to run beyond the scheduled 3 hours, I also scheduled to record the following programme as well (in this case MotoGP 1:30-2:30).

The actual recording was 3 hr 30 min - AR extended the recording by an extra 30 minutes The extra 30 minutes consisted of 15 minutes of Aussie Rules (which finished at 3:15) + the first 15 mins of MotoGP 3:15-3:30). The second scheduled recording then started after the first one had finished at 3:30.

So did its job for me in capturing the whole of the Aussie Rules game (shame it couldn't fix the result though).

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Hi ,

So unless you are using BT box I will have to use the workaround of recording the proceeding programme. Which is tad annoying as I have the baseball on series link. 

The issue happened again on both games they broadcast last night and none of them went to extra innings they just went longer than the 3 hours that BT have deemed is the length of the game.

Does anyone know if there is any plans on this issue being rectified or is it a case of not our issue as it will be blamed on a sky software issue?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

To clarify  @durbs11  are you watching BT Sport on a sky platform and want to know whether accurate recording or EPG timings apply ?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Correct - I am recording BT Sports on my Sky Q box and wanted to know if the process of ensuring the recordings don't finish before the actual broadcast does was going to become a joined up process? As Sky are telling me it is a BT issue as they need to send the signal and it looks as if BT have only automated the process on their boxes. At present I have been using the workaround of recording the programme after but sometimes I miss this and it is quite frustrating. 

0 Ratings