cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris5227
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Refund?

I purchased today a £25 BT Sport package for the month thinking i could use it on my TV at home. However, i have been informed that i have purchased a £25 BT Sport Online package. This is no good to me. Can i transfer it over or receive a refund?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Refund?

Highly doubt you can get a refund i'm afraid. You've signed up via the website where it clearly mentions how it can be watched, nobody from bt has made a mistake.

What type of tv is it anyway, as newer samsungs  (from the past few years) have the app available as well as numerous other devices

0 Ratings
Chris5227
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Its a Toshiba Smart TV. If i cant get a refund then i wont be paying a further £25 to watch it on TV

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 11

If your smart TV allows you to install apps, see if the BT Sport app is available, then login with your BTID and you can watch, another option would be if you have any of the following supported devices, casting is also supported on the BT Sports pass :

Apple TV 4th generation and above

Samsung smart TV 2015 models and above

NOW TV devices

Playstation PS4 and PS4 Pro

Xbox One, Xbox One X, and Xbox One S

Apple mobile and tablet devices running iOS 9 or later

Android mobile and tablet devices running OS 4.4 (Jelly Bean) or later

Windows smartphones and tablets running Windows 10

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

I'm just guessing on the refund but for something where it clearly tells you on the website what devices it can be watched on there may not be any option of a refund

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 6 of 11

£25 is the monthly BT Sport pass, it gives you access to the BT Sport app and online player, the app supports multiple devices though.

0 Ratings
Chris5227
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Yeah ive tried the TV for the app but nothing unfortunately 

0 Ratings
Chris5227
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Nothing online about refund which is frustrating. I know i bought it in error but surely a goodwill gesture and common sense should prevail. 

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 9 of 11

@Chris5227wrote:

Nothing online about refund which is frustrating. I know i bought it in error but surely a goodwill gesture and common sense should prevail. 

Ring BT and explain your error, It's non-refundable but you might get some goodwill.
Unfortunately people have abused this in the past, order something and then 90 minutes later after they've watched the football they say it never worked, if BT refunded them they get free sport.

It's not BT's fault you never checked you had a supported device.

0 Ratings
Chris5227
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Done that. No empathy at all and wont refund so unfortunately i wont be purchasing BT Sport again which is a shame.

Thank you for all your help everyone 🙂

0 Ratings