cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Replays

To me the essence of live sport is watching while you do not know the result. Tonight I want to watch a Champions League match but I cannot begin to watch until half time. Ideally I would then like to have the option of watching from the beginning. If this is not available but I know that the replay is available at 10 I could have a news blackout and watch the replay "as live". If the replay is not available until the next day I might choose to watch just the second half live. I just need too know the information in advance to choose the best solution for my circumstances. This seems so obvious I wonder whether there is a commercial reason why BT cannot make this information easily available?

Thanks anyone who knows.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Replays

It would help to now how you will be watching. Obviously a BT box can record from the beginning & you can stat to watch before recording is complete. The BT Sport app gives you the option to either watch live or from the start when selecting a game.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks. I am watching on BT sport app. I read a thread where Darrendev said that is often not available. Perhaps that is out of date now. Does this apply to all BT sport live events now?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Don't know, I only watch football. But every time I select a match, usually from the default background banner & offered the choice to watch live or from the beginning.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Well exactly, none off us know until we click and find out or ask a forum if anyone knows. Again Darrendev said whether there is a replay at all depends on what rights BT Sport has. So what's wrong with saying - Europa League game X, 8pm, replay available from 10 or no replay available or whatever it is? Did no one think of it, or no one can be bothered or is it commercially sensitive?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Martintillwrote:

To me the essence of live sport is watching while you do not know the result. Tonight I want to watch a Champions League match but I cannot begin to watch until half time. Ideally I would then like to have the option of watching from the beginning.

I watch using the Smart TV app (either Sony and Samsung) and, as far as I know, I am prompted as to whether I wish to watch live or from the start.

It may be just me and the prompt was for the Beebs 100 cricket via iPlayer. I have shocking memory problems but can check it for your tonight (if I remember, that is!)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I've just checked the live stream of Napoli v Liverpool in the UEFA Youth League & the MLB game currently being shown, & neither offered the option to watch from the start. So it's not all live events & as previous alluded to, probably depends on the T&Cs agreed between BT & the rights holder for each competition.

0 Ratings