cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Resetting devices on by tv app

Go to solution

Can some one explain how to reset devices on bt tv app as I only have one device registered and the app tells me I have to wait 30 days which is crazy. I’m on the current max 4 k tv package. Many thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Resetting devices on by tv app

Go to solution

This may sound daft but have you tried adding a new device?

I don’t think the wording on the device page helps, it sort of indicates the slots are locked unless you wait 30 days. The reality is you have to use up 4 slots on 4 devices then you would have to wait 30 days to change one. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I’m trying to connect the app to a chrome cast device. But no success. Comes up with the message that I have to delete a device before I can add another and Thai have to wait 30 days.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @stewarttracey38,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I'll be able to help you get your devices reset on the BT TV app.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @stewarttracey38,

Thanks for taking the time to send us in your details. I called you a few minutes ago sorry I missed you.

I was just calling to let you know that the issue should now be fixed but you may need to re-add your iPhone as well as the new Chromecast.

Please let me know how you get on?

Matt

Community ModeratorMatt
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Re: Resetting devices on tv app

Go to solution

Hi Matt,

thank you for all your help the app has now reset devices and I can now stream to chromecast.....

Whilst I understand due to possible content supplier rights, its a shame that the end user can't just de register a device and add another as I for one have several Chromecast devices as well as the Bt TV app on my smart TV, this would make more sense and would not have to involve a back ground process that the end used does not have access to. It also saves on man power at your end and would have a better customer experience..

Anyway thanks for helping out.

Best regards

Stewart

0 Ratings