cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MartinH
Expert
Message 1 of 25

Retail YouView owners - are we wasting our time?

Like a number of other retail YouView owners, I briefly had an update enabling the BT Sport channels only for them to vanish again. Despite calls to the call centre and even discussions with mods it's been impossible to get anything other than very vague responses that the channels will launch on Augst 1st (which we know).

It now seems YouView from BT customers are now getting the channels with access to a rollowing promo, but there's no sign of any update or news for retail owners.

If we're wasting our time waiting for an update that's not going to come could BT just let us know? 

In my case I'd then be able to drop the £10pm player which I was only keeping in expectation that the BT Sport and 18 extra channels would be available, and possibly even lower my Infinity tariff, and spend my money elsewhere. 

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
MartinH
Expert
Message 2 of 25

Re: Retail YouView owners - are we wasting our time?

Having made yet another call to the cantre I'm even more convinced that BT are having issues telling the part they sit on from the part which allows their arm to bend and that customers are simply wasting their time.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 25

Martin,

I'm convinced nothing will happen for retail Youview users prior to 1st August. I have tried two avenues but whereas previously I received a quick response (e.g. The original announcement that Retail users could order BT Sport in time for August 1st) all I am getting now is radio silence.

The least they could do is issue an update if the previous intention is no longer going to happen.

I don't think it will now happen before the next Youview managed update, which means we're going to miss out on the free HD offer. They are concentrating on the launch and we are just a small (albeit vociferous) annoyance. Grrrrr!
0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 4 of 25

@Colin_London wrote:
Martin,

I'm convinced nothing will happen for retail Youview users prior to 1st August. I have tried two avenues but whereas previously I received a quick response (e.g. The original announcement that Retail users could order BT Sport in time for August 1st) all I am getting now is radio silence.

The least they could do is issue an update if the previous intention is no longer going to happen.

I don't think it will now happen before the next Youview managed update, which means we're going to miss out on the free HD offer. They are concentrating on the launch and we are just a small (albeit vociferous) annoyance. Grrrrr!

I called and registered months ago. If I don't get the HD versions BT simply won't get to keep my phone, broadband and BT Vision player custom.

Really is that simple.

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 5 of 25

It's also quite clear that when the call centre staff say "nothing will happen until August 1st" they're simply wrong

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=67289316&postcount=26

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 25

I've had BTS (SD & HD) on my retail box for the last couple of weeks and they were joined by ESPN (SD) a couple of days ago.

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 7 of 25

@Red_Snow wrote:

I've had BTS (SD & HD) on my retail box for the last couple of weeks and they were joined by ESPN (SD) a couple of days ago.

Interesting, I had them and then they vanished again just a few days later and BT's increasingly ignorant staff tell me they know nothign about them appearing and that hey never would have until August 1st. Which if course isBS. 

Do you have the £10 BT Vision player option as welll? 

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 8 of 25

Also could you confirm what software versions you have and whether you only have a retailbox or also have a BT supplied one? 

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 25

Well I have the channels on my retail box as well - at least the placeholders for BT Sport 1 (SD), BT Sport 2 (SD), ESPN (SD), BT Sport 1 (HD) & BT Sport 2 (HD).

Software 13.4.0/1.6.0/490/29

Not that it is of any use to me whatsoever - selecting the channel to 'set it up' just results in the banner page telling me to subscribe to BT TV.... which of course I am unable to do cause they haven't set up their backoffice system to deal with it Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 10 of 25

@Colin_London wrote:

Well I have the channels on my retail box as well - at least the placeholders for BT Sport 1 (SD), BT Sport 2 (SD), ESPN (SD), BT Sport 1 (HD) & BT Sport 2 (HD).

Software 13.4.0/1.6.0/490/29

Not that it is of any use to me whatsoever - selecting the channel to 'set it up' just results in the banner page telling me to subscribe to BT TV.... which of course I am unable to do cause they haven't set up their backoffice system to deal with it Smiley Mad

I had the channels but then they vanished. I'm on  Software 13.4.0/1.6.0/490/28 but was on Software 13.4.0/1.6.0/490/29

It's that last one which determines if the channels are available.

Like you, I was asked to set up the 507 etc channels but also like you I was unable to complete that set-up.

What annoys me is that BT, including the mods on this forum, are uttelry clueless and have no idea why the channels no longer show or when or if they'll be back. They seem to care even less than they know.

And that's what's annoying the **bleep** out of me. 

0 Ratings