cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 25

Re: Retail YouView owners - are we wasting our time?

Why not give them 7 days and stop letting it annoy the **** out of you? BT is aware people want to see BT Sport on Youview and will be about to launch it, the staff have probably been told not to release any details till the official launch, and all you'd see anyway is a rolling screen saying coming soon (it's not that exciting to watch).

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 12 of 25

@geo1986 wrote:

Why not give them 7 days and stop letting it annoy the **** out of you? BT is aware people want to see BT Sport on Youview and will be about to launch it, the staff have probably been told not to release any details till the official launch, and all you'd see anyway is a rolling screen saying coming soon (it's not that exciting to watch).

Why would I want to wait until after the channels have launched and then have to endure a week or more of incompetence and faffing around while BT try and sort out whatever mess they've created?

The lack of communication on this is dreadful. A lesson in how not to launch any new product or service. 

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 25

Because getting ****** off about it is getting you nowhere?

BT have said your going to get the free channels.

BT have said the launch day is August 1st for their channel.

It is the 23rd July.

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 14 of 25

@geo1986 wrote:

Because getting ****** off about it is getting you nowhere?

BT have said your going to get the free channels.

BT have said the launch day is August 1st for their channel.

It is the 23rd July.

Except that BT cannot explain why they appeared and then vanihsed. BT have been unable to guarantee that they're going to appear in time. BT have been unable to guarantee that the offer of HD free for a year will apply if the channels don't appear before August 1st.

But many thanks for telling me what I should think. 

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 25

Okay well please feed back to the forum how you get on getting this resolved.

For your info I've just checked my BT Sport and there is no rolling promo anymore, just a black screen telling me BT Sport launches this summer.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 25

Geo1986,

With respect the situation with retail Youview boxes (as we are discussing here) differs from BT supplied boxes. Even if you have BT Infinity there is a requirement to sign up to a BT TV package of at least £5 a week.

But these packages (without an activation fee cause retail users don't need a new box) have not appeared for order. And retail boxes have not received the v14 software update required to provision the box with BT Sport.

So the frustration is that retail users, despite being told we would be able to view BT Sport, will in fact not be able to on 1st August plus will miss out on the free HD offer as they can't place an order.

We just want an update on the previous announcement so we know what's going on, cause the only thing we can be sure of at present is that nothing is going to happen to allow us to view BT sport on launch day....
0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 17 of 25

FFS! What a waste of time.

Contact the mods about this, get a call from someone utterly useless who insists all they can do is put me through to customer options - the same people who've been giving me the runaround.

When I refuse to be put through, they contact customer options and relay to me the nonsense "It's not possible to get BT Sport on a YouView box".

In the name of all that is holy get your **bleep**ing lazy **bleep** act together.

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 25

OK, here is my box details:

Humax DTR1000 Retail Box

Manufacturer sw: 13.4.0

Component sw: 1.6.0

Platform conf: 490

ISP conf: 29

Can confirm I'm receiving actual broadcasts on BTS 1&2, ESPN & BTS(HD) 1&2 and not just banners/BT messages.

My package is called BT Unlimited @ £12.50 per month (as I also re-contracted so that in additon to my retail box I also have a BT branded Youview box in another room)

I also went into "myBT" account to make sure I was "ready to watch BTS" as per this post http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/Opt-in-required/td-p/912280

I'm connected to a HH4 with my retail box (and my BT box is using 500mbps PLAs) .... both are working as expected.

Anything else you want me to check, please ask

>mark

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 19 of 25

@Red_Snow wrote:

OK, here is my box details:

Humax DTR1000 Retail Box

Manufacturer sw: 13.4.0

Component sw: 1.6.0

Platform conf: 490

ISP conf: 29

Can confirm I'm receiving actual broadcasts on BTS 1&2, ESPN & BTS(HD) 1&2 and not just banners/BT messages.

@MY package is called BT Unlimited @ £12.50 per month (as I also re-contracted so that in additon to my retail box I also have a BT branded Youview box in another room)

I also went into "myBT" account to make sure I was "ready to watch BTS" as per this post http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/Opt-in-required/td-p/912280

I'm connected to a HH4 with my retail box (and my BT box is using 500mbps PLAs) .... both are working as expected.

Anything else you want me to check, please ask

>mark

Ok, that means you're getting them because you have a BT branded Youview box and pay the £12.50 charge.

I pay the £10 BT Vision Player charge - bt.com/player - and really can't see the point of buying a 2nd box at £50 to replace one that's identical. 

It's the ISP conf: 29 bit that's important, it's what I had when the channels were on my box and they vanished when it fell back to 28.

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 20 of 25

Just to add, it's clear the 29 signifies some sort of account flag, really no reason BT can't set that flag for people who pay for the £10 player and enable the channels.

Tonigth had a further call with BT agent who flatly told me:

1) there was no intetion of the channels ever being enabled on retial boxes (we know this to be untrue)

2) that if I'd ever seen themon the EPG this was because they appear on all Freeview boxes - in fact encrypted DTT channels don't appear on YV boxes and what I had was the IPTV channels at 507 etc.

I REALLY hate staff who lie and make **bleep** up. 

0 Ratings