Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

SKY Sport - how to add and keep BT Sport in HD

Good morning,

I have, and had,  an existing BT package that includes landline, broadband ,TV (HD), and Sport. When I renewed (in April) I had Sky Sports, but dropped it   on the understanding that Sky was going to be a monthly add-on that I could just switch on and off when I wanted.

I have been on the web pages for my account and can't see that I can just turn Sky Sports on. What I can see is a new 24 month contract for Big Sport - but that doesn't seem to say whether that includes the sport in HD.

So, to get Sky Sport again, do I have to sign up for Big Sport for another 2 years? And if I do, is Big Sport HD?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 7

Re: SKY Sport - how to add and keep BT Sport in HD

Hi @stevetucknott 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the confusion about your BT TV package.  With Big Sport, you have access to all 4 BT Sport channels and all 11 Sky Sports channels including Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Main Event.

Big Sport is your BT TV package and has the contract term.  HD isn't included in the package.  You can however, add the Now TV Boost as an add on for £3 per month.  The Now TV boost enhances your viewing experience so you can watch your subscribed channels in full HD and experience Dolby 5.1 surround sound on up to 3 devices at one time.

You can add the Now TV Boost by logging into your BTID, selecting "your products" and clicking on "manage" underneath your BT TV package.  Any bolt on's that you add have a 30 day rolling contract and you do not need to sign up for another 24 months to watch Sky Sports in HD.

I hope that helps?  Let me know if you're unsure about anything.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

@RobbieMac 

Not quite convinced! My current package for tv and sport is:

BT TV with free BT Sport
£10.30
Your regular charges 

BT Sport Pack: £8.00/month
Includes discount of £8.00/month for BT Sport Pack Special Offer £0.00

Classic: £7.00/month
Includes discount of £2.00/month for Classic discount for 24 months £5.00
HD Extra: £6.50/month
Your monthly subscription to HD channels £6.50
What's changed since your last bill
22 May - 21 Jun
04 May - 21 May
Classic discount for 24 months : £2.00/month
-£1.20
You get your TV at a special rate. We show this on your bill by giving you a refund of
£2.00 a month

...So am I right in then thinking all the above becomes null and void - and I have to sign up for another 24 months? And the new £20/£40 'Big Sport' charge doesn't include HD for BT either? Effectively, at the moment I'm paying £5 (£7 - £2 'discount') for classic and £6.50 for HD - Sport being 'free'.

How does all that then change when I sign up for 'Big Sport' - presumably all the existing discounts go? Do I then end up paying £7 for classic + £20/£40 for 'Big Sport', + £6.50 for BT HD + £3 for Now TV HD? If then I stop Now TV Sport after a month...two months...three months, what do I end up paying BT? What proportion of the £20/£40 is removed - the full Now TV Sport charge?

Seems a bit convoluted for just signing up to a monthly subscribed service!

Can I ask what, if any, the difference then is between Now TV Sky Sport via BT and just subscribing to that service, without changing my existing package?  The Now TV sport package seems to be £34 + £3 for hd = £37 p.m. Can I then use the Now TV app on the Youview box to watch that as a separately subscribed service?

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

If you moved to the big sport package you'll only pay the £20/£40 as it includes the freeview channels as per the classic package you are on, the HD is an extra £5 on the new packages so that's all you'll pay on that. If you wanted to changee after the 3 months to just BT Sport it would be £15 plus £5 for the hd

As mentioned you can also sign up to now tv separately on your current package but you would only get the channels in the app & not in the guide to record etc

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

@garybs29 

OK - but what if I stop Now TV Sport in the first three months? And what price do I pay when I turn Now TV Sport back on in both situations (ie in the first three months and subsequent months) - does the price just revert to £20/£40 rather than the reduced price plus adding back Now TV Sport at £34+£3?

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

If you change to the flexible now tv package it would go down to the £15 (or whatever package you changed to) within the 3 months. If you were to add the Sky Sports back on at anytime during the 24 months it would go up to the £40 charge for the package. The hd is a bolt on @ £5 on any package as well

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

@garybs29 

Ok - thanks.

0 Ratings