Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bathgatebairn84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Samsung Android 10.1 App

Hi there,

When does BT Sports go live?

Will you have support on the 10.1 Android devices. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Looking forward to hearing from BT.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Samsung Android 10.1 App

if you read all the publicity launch is 1 august and app available shortly before launch

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bathgatebairn84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Thanks for the reply but do we have any publication at all to show which Android devices the App will be supported on???

With just over 70 days to go I imagine the development team will be working on this and have some idea which devices they aim to have available for the day of launch.

I wouldn't hold them to it but I am sure everyone would like to know.

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 4 of 15

Not confirmed information on a device, make/model et al, All supported android devices will have to be running at a min of ICS 4.0 and said app will not be hardcoded like the farce called SKY has done with it's android app but there again they have had to do it that way so only ipads can use sky go for however long the deal they have signed.

BT has a very real chance of going forward with this app as long as it does support 10" android tabs and they can take away customers from Sky who's customers have been waiting 20 months now for the support and to be told yesterday nothing is going to happen until Dec 2013 MAYBE, We are at the end of our tether with Sky's lies at the time.

So come on BT go for it. Hopefully before long more information will be released by BT Sport,

iechyd da

bathgatebairn84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Cheers Paul,

I appreciate the info. I have heard about the stuff at sky. LOL that is shocking. Yes sir you have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were the CS person using a Jedi mind trick or something?

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 6 of 15

Sky are now the laughing stock of media providers in the uk. The data they use for market share still tells them ios is the most used in the uk lol. At the google i/o last week they showed google android studio which now makes it easy to develop an app for android phone and then helps you change it for all android screen sizes, it's a great piece of kit and it works as I tried it out lol, best of all it's free to all.

BT has a great chance now as i stated in my other post. Odd that tesco can support 10" tabs and sky can't lol

iechyd da

0 Ratings
FearlessFred
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 15

I'm hoping that it'll support my Motorola Razr I. Since it's one of the few handsets that actually runs on an Intel CPU, sometimes there's Apps that won't run. For instance, until very recently, the BBC iPlayer app wasn't supported!

This *might* just make me shell out on a tablet. Until now, I've not had a pressing need to get one...

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 8 of 15

FF,

The RAZR i has caused a lot of problems for media providers due to the intel CPU, sorry it was ok until the phone was updated to JB 4.1.1 and then it went haywire giving out a false root detection and it has taken a few months to get this sorted out, so hopefully BT will be on the ball and talk to motorola about this and not make the same error that Sky and BBC made. Providers need to be on the ball as the tom tom drums are saying Samsungs new Tab 3's are going to have intel CPU's in them. A phone is to small to watch sport on IMHO Tabs are about right and there are some crackers on the market these days.

iechyd da

0 Ratings
FearlessFred
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 15

Cheers, Paul. To be honest, the BBC apps work well now, and I like it as a phone. Nice snappy response, and a good screen for the size of the phone. I probably won't use it much, but it'd be nice if I could 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Paul1360
Expert
Message 10 of 15

FF,

True it's a nice phone but as we both said it's the 1st android phone to use intel CPU and the OS is different to normal android phone's, It's the same with Kindle Fire's as they are Hybred Android OS and take a bit more work to develop an app for.

iechyd da

0 Ratings