Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bathgatebairn84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Samsung Android 10.1 App

I've just scanned over another forum where the person said that BT confirmed that Tab 2 10.1 and Note 10.1 are supported on the BT Sport App. Is this true as I can't find any official publications?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 12 of 15

A lot of people have been told android 10" tablets will be support for the BT Sport app and yes people have said the 2 tabs in your post plus nexus 10 and a few other makes. We I asked I was not told yes they will be but was not told no they will not be. BT CEO has said he wants the app on as many android devices as poss as soon as, which I think is a good thing to say. As stated before BT has the chance of gaining new customers if they do support 10" android tabs from the off as sky refuse to support them and eurosport player does, in fact eurosport player has just been updated and now streams it's content in HD and boy does it look great on my nexus 10.

I think we are all hoping that BT start letting their customer know which devices are going to be supported and not go into " stick their heads in the sand" model that sky do.

iechyd da

0 Ratings
exO2works
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

As a starting point for Android Tablet Users ...

It is essential that BT does not block their App on Google Play against tablet users.  I get sick and tired of having to rumage around forums to get an .APK to sideload.  So please BT, make it available to all users from the get go  ... 

This BT App is a magnificent opportunity for BT to achieve superior customer satisfaction over Sky.  Please don't mess up!  Give android tablet users the experience they have been denied elsewhere.

Expert
Message 14 of 15

exO2works,

IMHO I don't think BT will go down the route of not supporting 10" Android Tablets, they must have seen all the angry and upset customers on the Sky Forums and Virgin Media Forums and as a new entry into the Sports provider market they will be very silly if they leave out 10" android tabs. OK I'm not saying every 10" tab has to be supported but the best seller tabs should be and so should 7" tabs be as well. They have said that tabs with ICS 4.0 as a min will be supported and by doing that the tab market is wide open from OS ICS 4.0 and porting to any device is not a lot easlier from OS 4.0 than before, also there is no need not to supoort these devices after all there are only 3 main Sport providers in the UK, Sky Eurosport and BT, Sky has refused to support 10" tabs, Eurosport supports all 10" tabs running ICS 4.0 or higher and BT who say they will support android tabs. BT can cause all sorts of problems for sky by supporting these devices and could gain by customers leaving Sky to join BT which I believe is BT's aim.

At the end of the day there is now no reason for any media provider not to support these devices as Tesco and the BBC can do it then so can any body else who want to that is. Google have helped media providers in a very big way with their release at their I/O of Google Android Studio which is free to all and helps developers in a big way by showing how a phone app looks like on a tablet and you can also change settings et al in the UI to get the best on tablets from said app.

As stated IMHO BT Sport will support 10" android tabs ( I don't have any hard proof)

iechyd da

0 Ratings
bathgatebairn84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

I can't see any announcement of the app being available of larger tablets.

Anyone know of any developments?

0 Ratings