cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 205

Re: Samsung tv app freezing

no what they are telling me is they haven't got a clue and are passing the buck which is what BT is doing

my telly works perfectly with every other device and worked perfectly with BT sport app until yesterday are you suggesting all the people on this thread with the same problem have a faulty TV

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 205

Darren - can you confirm that if we get the app contract free?  If so then this looks terminal and am now paying for a service that I no longer get.  Looks like the only option is to cancel.

Shame, I’ve been with BT for a while and BT Sport is the only reason I have my broadband with you so will change supplier next time.  It’s the end of a long run as a customer.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 205

Yes, I'm suggesting that the fault is with your TVs - I see 4 people on this thread raising an issue, but I have logs that suggest many thousands of people are NOT having an issue.
The fact that even Samsung couldn't get your TV to install the latest OS @Rob221 should surely reinforce the fact that the TV has a fault?

@Timheffer No-one pays specifically for the app - it's an included park of the BT Sport service.

I seriously don't know what you're expecting me/BT to do here? If we enable content protection, the content doesn't work on your TV. If we don't enable content protection, BT Sport ceases to exist and you still don't get to watch it on your TV.

I know you're frustrated, but we have no choice in the matter - we have to enable content protection on the live streams, otherwise we'll lose the rights to broadcast.

Worst case scenario, you could purchase a Fire TV Stick or Now TV Stick for ~£25 and install the BT Sport app on that instead. I would definitely recommend the factory reset and Samsung support routes first though, for anyone who hasn't tried it.
Message 24 of 205

Hi Darren.  Sorry but you are misinformed.  Here’s the detail from your own website on how to get an app only deal

https://www.bt.com/help/bt-sport/orders-and-upgrade/how-do-i-order-the-bt-sport-app-only--including-...

I am on an app only deal using what should be a compatible.  The fact that a number of 2017 models suddenly aren’t running the app properly makes it highly unlikely that it’s a fault in our TVs and instead that something in the app now isn’t compatible, particularly given all other streaming services work fine including live streaming.

In terms of what we want BT to do, well the answer is obvious.  It’s clear something has changed that is causing issues.  Any content protection that was place a few weeks ago was working fine, if that’s the issue then simply go back to how it was working.

I don’t want to end up buying more devices to work around the problem or pay extra to add it to sky.  If the app isn’t going to work on my TV then there are similarly priced alternatives like an mlb pass or ncaa pass.  
Given the lack of progress or willingness to do anything to investigate then I think the only option is to cancel it.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 205

completely agree Timheffer, Darren is missing the point. I've tried all suggestions, factory reset Tv reinstalled the BT app, still not working on live HD channels although the 4K UHD feed is working, all was working for the last 5months until yesterday. how is this not a BT problem, pointing me to samsung is missing the point when BT have made the system changes
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 205

No-one pays for the app. Anyone can download it, and mobile devices can use it for free on selected content.
Yes, EE and BT Mobile offer an app-only subscription as part of the service. This is not the same as paying for the app, which is the question I was answering - although I'm not sure what the purpose of the question was?
Samsung TVs are not included in app-only subscriptions - you need a full BT Sport subscription, or an EE mobile subscription with the large screen add-on.

I will state the facts one more time, and then I'm done - otherwise I'm just going in an endless loop:

* The new content protection is MANDATORY. We have added it, and it will shortly become permanent (it's still being turned on and off as various systems are tested). When it eventually becomes permanent, turning it off would be a breach of our contract rights. It hasn't been added through our own choice - it has come with considerable cost and effort, but it absolutely had to be done.
* Many thousands of devices are working fine with it - including people with the exact same model TV as those reporting that it's failing.
* One person so far has tried asking Samsung for help, and this resulted in proving that the TV software is not up to date and is failing to update - a fault with the TV.
* If you choose to cancel your contract rather than try to get your TV repaired or use a different device, then that is entirely your choice.

I think it's totally unfair to say "lack of willingness to do anything" as I believe I have bent over backwards to try to be helpful, but there is absolutely nothing more I can do here. There is NO more information that we can get from your TV than we already do - even if we had someone sat in front of your TV with you, there's nothing we could do with your TV to get information on why it's breaking. This is why we rely on Samsung to diagnose these issues, and that's why I recommended you contact them.

Message 27 of 205

DarrenDev
just to be clear i have today spent 2 hours with Samsung having taken remote control of my TV they have done a factory reset from their end which is not the same as can be performed without their control, i did that myself yesterday. the software is and was on the latest version ( i am the person you state has a fault with the TV) they have also extensively checked through numerous logs to try to find any fault, they really were comprehensive they even had control of my phone camera at the same time as the TV. The app and smart tv functions were all reinstalled. they have left no stone unturned, they have assured me that there is no fault whatsoever with this TV. This in stark contrast to BT support who weren't even aware you could have BT sport contract free by app and who promised to phone me back yesterday presumably when the fault had been passed up the escalation route, needless to say no one phoned back.
Samsung suggest i speak again with the BT sport tech help, they obviously assume that they have a comparable level of knowledge as they do at Samsung. And to be clear you say above
Samsung TVs are not included in app-only subscriptions - you need a full BT Sport subscription, or an EE mobile subscription with the large screen add-on.
this is not true it seems you don't know your product very well, check this link from BT here https://www.bt.com/sport/app/learn/
i have so far spent around 6 hours trying to fix this and have established the fault is firmly with BT , you say its totally unfair to say "lack of willingness to do anything" but I'm still waiting for BT to ring back, that is a lack of willingness in most people opinion. If anyone has any success fixing or identifying this fault id be grateful if they could share it as phoning BT for help is about as useful as a chocolate teapot

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 205

Based on the discussion here, we agreed in the team this morning to arrange another sync up with our Samsung technical rep to make sure that we're all on the same page with this.  I'd appreciate @Rob221 if you could please send me a DM with your device serial number and the phone number that Samsung contacted you on, so that we can use it as a direct example of what is wrong and how we can best work through this.

If you also include your BT account number, I'll try to find why you didn't receive your promised callback.

As for your last comment - I totally agree.  Anyone reading this thread who has this issue on their Samsung TV should NOT call the BT helpdesk - they won't be able to help.  Just add a comment to the discussion here, so we can assess the size of the problem (which is currently limited to 4 devices).

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 205

Is the content protection turned on for the Man City v PSG game tonight? for now there is no freezing. Not touching it! Froze earlier in ESPN

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 205

DarrenDev
i will DM you when i have the details...
but explain this if you can?
you said above - "I totally agree. Anyone reading this thread who has this issue on their Samsung TV should NOT call the BT helpdesk - they won't be able to help. Just add a comment to the discussion here, so we can assess the size of the problem (which is currently limited to 4 devices)".
??? really anyone with a problem should not contact the BT helpdesk ?? work that one out !!! instead you trawl the web for an obscure forum like this ,,,,, currently limited to 4 devices ....only limited to 4 people that found this thread more like.
FYI the 4k feed works fine but not HD1,2,3etc
who thinks that's down to tv hardware issue that was working fine till 2 days ago?
you need to reconsider this approach
0 Ratings