cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 205

Re: Samsung tv app freezing

Having the same issue with UE40MU6400

Video will freeze after 30-60 seconds, audio continues playing. Only on live sporting . TV software version is up to date and Bt sport app has been reinstalled. 

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 205

Hi Dev....another one to add to the list. I have the exact same problem using a Samsung UE40MU6120K. It was fine upto a few weeks ago when it did it intermittently which now transpires was BT switching on and off. My picture dims slightly after about 15 seconds and then picture freezes after 20 seconds. Audio continues. This is a problem applied by BT to a product that we are paying for and as such we have every right to expect a solution. Ill be interesting to see how this post grows and what is being done to remedy the fault. Regards Rob...

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 205

Just another quick thought after reading this whole thread. 

I suspect as well as people not finding this thread to add to the list,  may people will probably be assuming its their wifi connection which is causing the symptoms which do look like a buffering issue.  And they will probably be trying to explore that avenue.....Who would assume its a copyright patch applied to the app which isnt compatible with their TV.....

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 205

Agree @RobSewards - this is a difficult one to size, as we don't know it's happening in the client.  The only possible indication we have is how long the session runs for - our assumption is that people won't leave the stream running in this bad state for long periods.  So where our logs show users playing the video for 90+ minutes, we assume it's working for them - and thus this issue appears to only be affecting a subset of devices.

We've already had confirmation from Samsung that they don't see any issues with our content on any of the devices in their lab, so their current line of investigation is to get as much information from @Rob221 's device/experience as possible.

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 205

For some reason mine has started working properly again today, I'm currently watching MotoGP with no issues. 2 weeks ago I could only watch 30s before it froze 

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 205

I have a 2019 Samsung  model with the BT apps  - it does not freeze - but picture goes fuzzy for a minute & then clears then goes fuzzy again etc - this frequently happens when watching football. I assumed it was some sort of buffering - but have a FTTP 900 line so should not happen as broadband is fast. All other apps fine. Watching cup final on ultimate at the moment & all looks good - fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 205

Also watching cup final and seems ok so far...can I assume Darren that new copyright protection only applies to prem games?

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 205

When it happens for me it effects all live channels regardless of what is on but not on the 4K feed, all channels working fine today
0 Ratings
Message 49 of 205

@Rob221 where do you select the different feeds? I did look about but couldn't find.....

On another note...went to curry's today to look at tvs even though I don't need a new tv. Presumably you still can't get had app on Sony? And even if I went for another Samsung how do I know which models are unaffected?! Im hoping between them sansung and bt sort this out before start of next season.....

Regarding todays feeds I'm thinking they are not running the new software.....

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 205

Sony TVs run the Android operating system, so we do have a BT Sport app for them.
I've mentioned previously that we turn the content protection on and off as we run various tests across different platforms and devices. We're also turning it off for the 3 major finals in the next couple of weeks to make sure that our biggest viewing events of this football season aren't affected. After this football season ends this month, the protection will be turned on permanently in time for the new contract starting next season. That also applies to BT Sport Ultimate, which will be protected in the same way.
We have a few weeks left to iron out all the remaining issues. 🤞