cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 205

Re: Samsung tv app freezing

Thanks for the reply Darren....I looked at the supported devices on the bt sport page and only mentioned samsung smart TV not Sony.....but this might be out of date or there might be a workaround. 

So if there is such a small group of us with this problem is your system sophisticated  enough to use the old protection on our apps? 

Or are we at the point where we decide to cancel BT Sport or buy a new TV?

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 205

Sony isn't specifically called out because they're one of many manufacturers who use the Android TV / Google TV operating system - which you should see listed.

We're only as strong as our weakest link - when the new rules kick in, the old unprotected streams will be shut down. We're still working with Samsung to investigate this issue though - I'm hopeful that the cause will be found and fixed.
0 Ratings
Message 53 of 205

@RobSewardswrote:

@Rob221 where do you select the different feeds? I did look about but couldn't find.....

On another note...went to curry's today to look at tvs even though I don't need a new tv. Presumably you still can't get had app on Sony?

Well, my BT Sport App works perfectly on both our Samsung and Sony TVs.  As for the Sony, it is 3 years old now.

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 205

Morning All,

I have encountered this issue for the first time today whilst wanting to watch the live MotoGP coverage on my Samsung UE40F6740SBXXU via the BT Sport app on a Roku NOWtv decoder box.

After just a few seconds I get a frozen screen of scrambled green/pink lines with audio only.

I’ve performed system updates to both decoder and TV to no avail.

I hope BT can find a solution as I’m now limited to watching on a 4” iPhone screen.

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 205

There haven't been any other reports of it happening on a Roku device @ruts66 - that'll be a completely different issue to the one being described in this thread. Best I can suggest at this point is trying a factory reset of the device. I'll ask the Roku team tomorrow if they have any other ideas.

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 205

@ruts66wrote:

Morning All,

I have encountered this issue for the first time today whilst wanting to watch the live MotoGP coverage on my Samsung UE40F6740SBXXU via the BT Sport app

Your Samsung is a "proper" Smart TV. Why not simply download the  BT Sport app from the Store, provide your BT login details and away you go.

No freezes, no buffering, good footie and MotoGP.

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 205

Hi Carlusha, BT Sport isn’t listed as an option within ‘More Apps’ on my particular Samsung model...
0 Ratings
Message 58 of 205

Same issue here watching on app via NOW tv box. I have a 2016 now tv box connected to a 2011 samsung in my sons room and the BT app works fine.  Ive got a 2016 now tv box connected to a 2015 sumsung in another room and the BT app live channels freeze after 30 secs and the audio carries on. Is there any update on the settings change done by BT effecting NOW tv BT apps. I stream all tv and have a over 200mbps download, sky sports, amazon, netflix etc all stream fine on multiple devices, only problem is BT sport live channels.

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 205

This thread is very specifically about the Samsung app running directly on Samsung TVs.

There are no known issues with Roku devices behaving live this @Mark2049 - being connected to a Samsung TV wouldn't make a difference.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 205

Okay Ill start a new topic then
0 Ratings