cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 205

Re: Samsung tv app freezing

Just to update everyone regarding the Samsung issue ...

I wasn't aware that a misunderstanding by our ops team resulted in them temporarily turning off content protection for our live streams on Samsung devices. This was intended to be a short term measure until this issue could be fixed.  What they didn't realise was as a result of them turning it off, users then assumed the issue had been fixed - so the investigation by Samsung was stopped.

Thus we're currently no closer to having a fix for this.

Content protection will remain turned off until after the Champions League final this Saturday - this is to ensure that everyone has the best possible experience for what is expected to be our biggest event of the year.

We will be turning it on after the match - either on Sunday or Monday, where we then expect the issue to return to those who were previously affected.  Sorry for the inconvenience, but we need the issue to be present for Samsung to be able to investigate why.

Just a couple of reminders:

1. We have to turn on content protection - we'll lose our football rights for the next season if we don't.

2. We've not been able to reproduce this on any of our devices, and Samsung haven't reproduced it on any of theirs. We're reliant on you guys to help us identify and fix this issue.

Message 62 of 205

Darren....

Thanks for the update. I'm not overjoyed to hear that after Saturday my bt sport and samsung tv will not play nice but sounds as though something is being done. Interestingly while watching europa final last night I had an annoying audio glitch regularly every minute or so. Might be completely unrelated but not had it before.

So are samsung waiting for all of us to complain to them or are they aware of all of our model numbers?

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 205

They've been provided with all the model numbers mentioned in this thread, and we've already confirmed that the issue isn't model specific - other users with the same model don't have the same issue.

Fortunately @Rob221 has been very helpful in providing contact details so that Samsung can get details from his device.

If anyone else is willing to help out and let Samsung contact you to take control of your TV, let me know my sending me a DM with your device serial number and contact telephone number.  It's worth waiting until next week though, to confirm the issue is still present.

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 205

Hi Darren

I'm more than happy for samsung to try and sort out my tv...I will wait until next week as you say.....

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 205

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 205

@RobSewardswrote:

Darren....

Thanks for the update. I'm not overjoyed to hear that after Saturday my bt sport and samsung tv will not play nice but sounds as though something is being done. Interestingly while watching europa final last night I had an annoying audio glitch regularly every minute or so. Might be completely unrelated but not had it before.

So are samsung waiting for all of us to complain to them or are they aware of all of our model numbers?

To avoid the annoying audio glitch, you might wish to try BTs YouTube stream. I used the YouTube app for the Europa Cup final and it was faultless on our Samsung TV. Just search for BTSport LIVE about an hour before the kick-off (or earlier if you want to enjoy the build-up).

May I just add, the original problem referred has not affected our Samsung TV.

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 205

Thanks for the tip Carlusha...not sure BT will provide free streams over YouTube after this weekend....😀 

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 205

Same audio glitch regularly every minute or so Saturday night as well

Has not happened before, not sure if this is related to the picture freezing

Model number is UE65MU8000

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 205

Content protection has now been re-enabled for Samsung TVs. Anyone who was previously affected by the picture freezing issue will probably be affected again.

Just a reminder that if anyone is willing to help out and let Samsung contact you to take control of your TV, let me know my sending me a DM with your device serial number and contact telephone number.  I'll pass on all relevant details to Samsung to provide them with the best possible chance of identifying and fixing this issue.

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 205

Hi Darren...

Just so that i can check....is it all live content or just premiership football...

0 Ratings