cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 205

Re: BT Sport App on Samsung TV - 30s Audio Delay

Hi I have the same issue with the Bt sport app on Samsung tv, never had the issue before until I started using it again recently on this tv. Audio is synced with video at the start of live feed. Then audio skips back 30 secs. Also other channels sometimes have a second delay with the audio. No issue with the app on other devices just the Samsung tv. Very disappointing and hope it can be fixed ASAP. 

0 Ratings
Message 102 of 205

Unfortunately this isn't something we're able to fix in the app - it appears to be a problem with the TV affecting a small number of people. Our recommendation would be to call the Samsung helpdesk who can take you through all the standard reset and update procedures - this appears to have resolved the issue for others on this thread. Let me know if this doesn't fix it for you, and I'll resurrect the ticket we had with Samsung for them to investigate further.
0 Ratings
Message 103 of 205

Hi Darren...Happy to report my issue seems to be resolved but it wasn't anything samsung did in the end. It seemed to coincide with your rollout of the PlayStation 5 update and switching to a different server....?

0 Ratings
Message 104 of 205

I've read through this entire thread again and I couldn't find a single mention of any user saying that Samsung reset and update procedures or tech support resolved their issue at all. Numerous users report that it made no difference.

User Rob221 reported that he spent hours with Samsung helping them to invesigate his TV by remote access, and they found nothing wrong with it and took no further interest in the issue. His last post was to say he had cancelled his BT sport subscription.

Can you please ask Samsung to "resurrect the ticket"  for this issue? I'm not sure why they would even have closed it since clearly it was never resolved.

If neither Samsung or BT appear to be willing or able to investigate and fix this problem apparently caused by BT changes to content protection, perhaps BT should ask Samsung to put a warning message in their TV app store about the BT Sport App since clearly it no longer works for live events on an unknown number of Samsung TVs?

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 205

@pondlife21 I asked on here if anyone was still experiencing this issue, and I received nothing for almost 2 months. Thus the ticket was closed.

Some points to bear in mind:

1. We've never had a report of this issue outside of this post, so that means maybe 10 people affected?

B. All users bar one are experiencing it on a 2016 TV

iii. We have many many thousands of users successfully using the BT Sport app on their Samsung TVs

4. As already mentioned in this thread, the error is internal to the Samsung TV and we (BT) have no way to debug it. We're 100% reliant on Samsung to dig deeper - which is a hard thing to convince them to do for 10 users of a TV range that is no longer in warranty.  They have agreed to provide best-efforts support on it though.

In order to progress this further, I need you to call Samsung and register this fault (as well as making sure your TV is registered on their system with your name and contact details).  Once done, please send me a DM with the same details (TV serial, and your contact details) and I'll tell Samsung to contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 106 of 205

To be fair to Darren...once I logged fault with samsung they were very quick to get in touch and try to resolve even though in my case this was unsuccessful. 

0 Ratings
Message 107 of 205

Re: Samsung tv app freezing

Hi Darren

i am having this issue and BT pointed me to this thread.

are you able to ask Samsung to contact me to fix this? I couldn’t see how to dm you my TV details, could you advise?

thanks for any help you can give me

Marc

0 Ratings
Message 108 of 205

I can't get Samsung to contact you unless you've contacted them first I'm afraid @Marc1985 - they need you to be on their system before they can call out.
If you check the Support menu on your TV, there should be details on how to contact Samsung - it'll also show all the information you need to hand when you call them. To DM me, just click on the "Send me a DM" link in my previous message.
0 Ratings
Message 109 of 205

Hi Darren

Have contacted Samsung and provided you with details in message 

Thanks

Marc

0 Ratings
Message 110 of 205

I've just had an update from Samsung to say that they've made their agents aware of this issue.  If you call the helpdesk about this issue, please specifically mention that it's a "BT referral" and that'll ensure it's escalated accordingly.

@Marc1985 - no need for you to call them again. I've passed on your case ref, and asked them to call you.

0 Ratings