cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 205

Re: BT Sport App on Samsung TV - 30s Audio Delay

I've been having this issue this season having moved away from BT-TV to online only (Samsung UE49KU6400 - bought Feb 2017)

I finally spoke to Samsung this afternoon, spent an hour on the phone going through the motions of resetting etc. None of their troubleshooting attempts worked (wait 60 seconds for the issue to re-present itself on live tv). As the TV is of course out of warranty, they want to charge me to send an engineer who, of course, will tell me this is a software bug, so I refused.

Currently waiting for a callback from a case manager who I'm hoping I can petition to add this issue to the dev team's backlog but I'm increasingly less optimistic as it sounds like these models' software is no longer under support (my last software update was a long time ago)

If I can't, I'm tempted to pay out of pocket just to get the engineer here for a fix that he can't fix and see where we go from there... anyone else got this far?

0 Ratings
Message 132 of 205

Finally I can give a semi-positive update on this issue ...

Samsung have managed to reproduce the issue, and have full logs of it occurring.  It's now with their team in Korea to analyse the logs, however as it's their thanksgiving week over there, we've been told it may take a few days to hear any initial findings.

They say that they've also managed to reproduce it on a 2021 model, which hopefully gives a little more importance to a fix.

I'll update when I know more.

Message 133 of 205

@DarrenDev  Cheers for the update and your help 

0 Ratings
Message 134 of 205

I’m having the same issue. Stuck on the home screen and can’t watch the game I’ve paid for
0 Ratings
Message 135 of 205

Created an account just to post that having  had looping delayed sound for thirty minutes despite rebooting TV etc exiting the app a couple of times as suggested by @dannytleeds did work for me.

0 Ratings
Message 136 of 205

You've not quoted a message @pjon05 - what has worked for you?
0 Ratings
Message 137 of 205

Finally. A thread where this issue is being recognised. I'm having the same issue too and considering cancelling my BT subscription to the sport app. It's unwatchable. And I don't care if it's Samsung's fault or BT's fault. It just needs sorted. 

0 Ratings
Message 138 of 205

Same problem for me too

Exiting the app a few times does not seem to fix it.
0 Ratings
Message 139 of 205

@DarrenDev 

I tried just exiting the app a few times and it seemed to work for 20 mins perfectly then at half time I changed to my PS that I'd switched on in case I needed to use it to power it off then when I went back to BT Sport it was worse than ever and I couldn't get the fix to work again.  So will set up the PS for the next match!

0 Ratings
Message 140 of 205

I've posted on another thread, but for first time this year I got a 50fps picture when watching on delay via enhanced player for a few minutes. 

Can I speculate that app can't cope with all new features. I'd happily settle for what we had for most of last year and before (stream live at 50fps) and lose extra features that I guess aren't used that much. 

BT are adamant I am getting 50fps, but it's a real jerky mess. I've not been able to watch a single live match without ball and players when sprinting resembling a computer game (other apps all ok)

0 Ratings