Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srpsrp
Expert
Message 1 of 5

Search On demand/ catch up by channel

Go to solution

Is there a way to search  online content ( catch up etc) via channel. It's annoying when you mostly watch say Discovery and there is no option to see what Discovery catch up there is. Also on the app and the box it keeps showing stuff that is not included in my package too unless I keep tapping on the switch icon.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Search On demand/ catch up by channel

Go to solution

Within the Youview BT Player  or the BT TV App   Select ENTERTAINMENT then navigate down  to near the bottom and there is currently  a STILL LOOKING .BROWSE BY CHANNEL  option and select the channel  you want

For EUROSPORT  and BT SPORT 4K on demand they are within the SPORTS Section (4K only on the Youview box not App)

Kid on demand by channel  is within the KIDS section in the STILL LOOKING?BROWSE MORE KIDS TV HERE , and selecting the relevant age group .

srpsrp
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

thanks! 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Useful tip. What I would also find useful is a way of limiting searches for upcoming broadcasts to a specific channel or genre as the global search can sometimes swamp you with results. For example looking for the various rugby union cup match highlights was a nightmare this past season largely due to the myriad of wording of the competition titles so had to keep the search term very generic.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

It's annoying isn't,  it seems like you need to know the title of the programme you're searching for. In reality it's just a way to direct people to the pay(extra) per view stuff.. 

Sometimes the program descriptions are so bad you have to assume they have deliberately got it wrong in order to confuse you  when you try to search out new content.

It's bad enough to' ing and fro 'ing between the schedule list and the guide. Having   used skys method of combining scheduled programs and recorded programmes in one list for years, I wonder why they ever designed it any differently om that. Perhaps it's a fear of being sued for copyright?

Typical of a system which is probably designed and developed by millennial folk who have only ever used the new generation of online streaming and think it's a bit strange to plan your life around a linear TV channel schedule. 😂

0 Ratings