cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BUBBLE1
Message 11 of 23

Re: Silverlight Issues

Go to solution
Well done SDALY99. the activeX Filtering thingy was the culprit. Thanks a lot ,was driving me nuts. Even got on to the techies in India or wherever they are , they told me Silverlight was broken for bt sports ,install chrome or firefox ,waste of **bleep** time ,going round in circles getting nowhere.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

I have had exactly the same problem and have unistalled and reinstalled Silverlight a number of times  but it still will not work with Explorer on Windows 8.1. I have recently changed my PC which was running Explorer on XP which worked fine.  BT help said 'try a different browser' which I did and it works perfectly on Chrome . So much Microsoft compatablity and new software!   I will stick with Chrome from now on to watch BT Sport

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Hi 

I am using Vista with chrome  for BT Sport. It has been working fine for about a month  since we had to download Silver light but suddenly I have the problem many other have. It will not let me in and keeps asking to download Silverlight. I have deleted and re loaded 2 or 3 times. Cleared cookies and cache and have not idea whats wrong.

I could not find any spanners in the bottom corner of my screen. Help as I want to watch Motogp tomorrow.

Paul

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

If your Chrome browser  has updated  to version 42 it will no longer support Silverlight.

IF that is the case best option would be to use an alternative browser Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

zulu's right, Chrome no longer supports Silverlight and is useless for BT Sport and Sky Go. That shouldn't be a problem for Windows users as Internet Explorer is on hand. In fact, my experience is that Silverlight works more reliably with IE (overcoming regular connection problems with BTS and probably producing slightly better picture quality) than with Firefox, which I use for everything else. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks Zulu

Changed to IE from chrome and Silverlight problem  solved. Its easy when you know how!!

0 Ratings
ClareHughes
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution
Brilliant. Problem solved! Many thanks x
0 Ratings
Reiver
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

I've just had the whole Silverlight issue after months of BT Sport working fine.  I am running Vista and Chrome browser ... any advice?  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

@Reiver wrote:

I am running Vista and Chrome browser ... any advice?  

As is clear from the stuff above, it ain't going to work if Chrome is up to date. Have you tried Internet Explorer? If so and it still doesn't work, the new sticky at the top of this board might help.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Reiver
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

I've just read that Chrome no longer supports Silverlight.  BT have advised users to ditch it - I already had done.  I'm now using Firefox and it works fine.  Thank you for your reply.  

0 Ratings