cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Sky Sports Cricket and YouView EPG

Go to solution

Not for the first time there is a recording issue.

Last week I put the first S Africa vs Pakistan 20/20 match on to record.  Now I find it has been cancelled due to a scheduling problem. Matches 2 & 3 of the series are still on to record at the moment.

However I cannot delete it! And I cannot set either of the rescheduled programmes  (its on 2 channels) to record.

I have tried resetting the box which makes no difference.

My guess is Sky have altered the schedule without advising BT but I don’t see why I cannot delete the initial recording.

There is only a day to go so can anyone help?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Sky Sports Cricket and YouView EPG

Go to solution

Hi @RodT,  thanks for posting and sorry you can't cancel the planned recording for the 1st match which was cancelled. 

When you reset the BT TV box did you complete a factory reset which would have deleted any recordings you already made?

thanks

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

No - too many existing recordings 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @RodT 

This is a known bug, and I believe there is currently an update being rolled out to fix it.

However, there is a workaround you can use in the meantime. If you download the BT TV App to your phone, and then connect it to your box, you will be able to delete the stuck recording from the app. You may need to delete the whole series record to do this.

It will take a few minutes for your box to receive the delete request, but the stuck recording should then disappear from MyTV. Remember to create a new series record afterward so you don't miss any further action!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for that. Good to know its not me!

only problem is my BTTV app tells me the software needs updating on the You View box.

I have gone to Software info and it appears to be up to date already.

I also tried to update apps which would not work.

So I am still stuck until I can get the app to work.

if you have any ideas how to update the box without a factory reset I would love to know.

Thanks, 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

That's unfortunate. The workaround crippled by the very update (or lack thereof) that fixes the issue!

In that case, until your box is updated, I don't believe there is a way of fixing this other than doing a full factory reset and deleting existing recordings.

Does the rescheduled programme start earlier or later than the original? If later, then you could get lucky... the stuck recording may disappear when the original scheduled start time is reached, and you could then be able to schedule a new recording before the actual programme starts. That's just a wild guess though.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the idea. There is a ten minute window of opportunity, perhaps. I’ll let you know if it works!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
If the BT TV app is telling you the box needs a software update then I'm afraid your box is in a horrible state - either it genuinely needs a software update (which will probably never happen without intervention - the software update needed to support the app was rolled out 16 months ago, and has been updated many times since), or the box has forgotten that it is capable of recording.
A full box factory reset sounds like your only option.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks

Your view echos my original thoughts - but I am not giving up my 4k boxes 90% full of recordings yet. It is still recording and playing back normally. Just this one issue has arisen as explained earlier.

As to the app I never found it very useful as it did not function correctly for me so it would be over two years since I used it anyway!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Yes! It has worked, thanks again!

0 Ratings