Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rgn01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Sky Sports / MotoGP on anything but BT?

Faced with what seems to be total incompetence by BT Broadband (I've been without a decent service for 6 weeks and they seem incapable of understanding, let alone fixing the issue), I want to move to another supplier but want to keep access to MotoGP broadcasts - and the ability to record them.

What options are there? I have:

- a Sky+ box with dish and a freeview card in it - can I get BT Sports on it? If so, can I record?

- I have the BT YouView box - can I use it on another broadband supplier to just get BT Sport?  (it appears not from my research)

- I could get a FreeSat or Now TV box - how would I get MotoGP on these?

- is there another alternative?

I know that I could get a MotoGP VideoPass but that seems expensive so first want to exhaust other options.

Thanks.

Richard

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sky Sports / MotoGP on anything but BT?

A VideoPass offers the most comprehensive coverage although you cannot record. What you can do is chase-play any live session as well as catch up with any previous session so lack of recording should not be an issue in practise (I wish the BT app used the enhanced player on the practise sessions to allow chase-play of active sessions).

There are MotoGP highlights in the week on FTA TV (C5 I think?) but I suspect that would not be enough for you.
0 Ratings
rgn01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thank you, gomezz. I plan to speak to the other broadband companies to see whether they can offer it else I'll be buying a video pass.

Richard

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

BT have the live rights to MotoGP up until the 2020 season so talking to other broadband companies is going to be a waste of time. A Sky box with a BT TV subscription would be a option though I do not have experience of it myself so do not know if you also need a basic Sky TV subscription as well.

TBH if I were to can my BT TV / Sport subscription then I would look no further than using a Videopass subscription and casting the stream to my main TV with a Chromecast dongle from my tablet or by streaming from my laptop using an HDMI connection.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Plusnet. Yes I know they're the cheap version of BT, but still worth a look.

0 Ratings
rgn01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Thank you hunter 2660 they are on my list. I'm trying to sort out some service and customer service issues with BT so am shopping around. Plusnet look like an interesting alternative. I believe that the BT YouView box works with Plusnet thus saving the purchase fee, too.

Richard

0 Ratings
rgn01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

So I called BT Sport to see if I could add this to my Sky + viewing card. Yes you can BUT it resets the clock on your broadband contract (something they didn't exactly volunteer) . Given the reason for me even exploring this is their dismal technical and customer service, it is totally unacceptable!

Richard

0 Ratings