Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chughes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 30

Re: Sky Sports channels onBT

Go to solution

If they can charge £36 for just two channels in HD, you’d imagine this may hit £45 for just standard. interesting to see how it plans out. 

One of the draw backs of being in a new build. Sky can’t fit a dish because of trees (yeah I know mad) and virgin haven’t cabled the street

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 30

Go to solution

@chugheswrote:

If they can charge £36 for just two channels in HD, you’d imagine this may hit £45 for just standard. interesting to see how it plans out. 

I don't understand why anyone pays BT £36 for two channels in HD when you can have the full suite in almost HD for a maximum of £34?

Once you factor in voucher codes etc., I don't think I have paid more than £20 for a months access. Whilst there will be extra features such as the ability to record NOW TV channels, I personally won't pay more for it if that's what they try to do and I'll be surprised if many do.

@chugheswrote:

One of the draw backs of being in a new build. Sky can’t fit a dish because of trees (yeah I know mad) and virgin haven’t cabled the street

Virgin are awful in my experience, so you are not missing much there and Sky will launch their 'no dish required' version of SkyQ either later this year or sometime in 2020 which works in the same way as BT TV.

0 Ratings
chughes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution

So you’re just using NowTv to watch sports?

where are you getting these codes from.... i like your style

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

Starting place is to get a voucher from somewhere like eBay (a quick search suggests a month pass will cost around £25), then make sure you cancel before the end of the voucher and you will be offered a deal to carry on (often around £20 per month).

Alternatively look out for deals such as on Black Friday when they do bundle deals such as 6 months Entertainment & Sky Cinema for £50 and again cancel before the expiry date to be offered further deals.

They have also been known to do a Sky Sports "season pass" at a reduced rate where you buy a pass to cover the whole season.

I don't have an active Sky Sports pass currently but do have Entertainment & Sky Cinema which is though to October and is simply passes I got from McDonald's Monopoly promotion.

0 Ratings
chughes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution

Well, we’re just shy of 4 weeks away from the 19/20 season. 

No update from BT 

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

@chugheswrote:

No update from BT 

There will be when there is one, frustrating as it is.

Noises on other forums suggest there are still some issues to iron out, or the multicast streams are already enabled and testing, depending on what you read and where.

We will know when we know. 😉

0 Ratings
robotman1
Contributor
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

@stereohavenwrote: I don't understand why anyone pays BT £36 for two channels in HD when you can have the full suite in almost HD for a maximum of £34?

For me it's the ability to record as I'm not always at home for the beginning of matches. I use BT Sport on BT Youview in the same way. Unfortunately NowTV doesn't do catch up sports content otherwise I'd go down that avenue instead.

The latest from BT here

Community Manager
Community Manager
Re: Full Now TV through the YouView box

Sky and BT are working together so that Sky will be available through NOW TV on BT TV later this year. We’ve not released any specific dates yet and when we do our existing customers will be the first to know.

Hopefully that still means all the Sky channels are still in the pipeline to be made available in a manner that they can be recorded as was the revised plan drawn up between BT & Sky.

0 Ratings
chughes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

So I’ve seen the latest update from BT... very disappointed. 

So now I’m left with no choice but to pay the £36 a month (I know about other options but I’m wanting a full HD live quality )

question;  say for example the football is not on main event, but sky sports football. Would this be on part the BT Package?

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

Nope.

It is Main Event and Extra only. They say the games that aren’t on Main Event will be on Extra, but I am not convinced personally, you would need to check.

Details here: Sky Sports Main Event on BT

0 Ratings
chughes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

wow So just whatever is on main event and action? 

0 Ratings