Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andydenyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 30

Re: Sky Sports channels onBT

Go to solution

No - Main Event and Extra (not Action) only.  Extra very rarely shows anything - it's just a means of showing Premier League games IF and when it's not being shown on Main Event due to other sports taking priority.  And I believe that it ONLY applies to Premier League football, not anything else (like EPL, SPL etc.).

robotman1
Contributor
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

@andydenyer @chughes @stereohaven 

Yes it's only Main Event and the Extra channel, nothing else. Some of the games on Sky Sports Football are simulcast on Main Event but most are not. The Extra channel on BT is only for Premier League matches being shown when something else is scheduled on Main Event at the same time.

This is how it also worked last season.

0 Ratings
chughes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

Wow! I actually thought the EFL and stuff would of been shown that’s crazy!! Shame NOWtv isn’t HD

0 Ratings
andydenyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

Well, technically it is but only 720p (which is defined as HD), but it's not FULL HD (1080p)...yet!

They have advised it's coming, but it was originally scheduled to launch by the end of 2018 and it's still not here yet! 

0 Ratings
TractorGirl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

Ah, that was going to be my question, whether it is HD or not as I was just looking into it and we currently pay £36 a month to BT for the Main Event whereas we can have all 11 channels via NOW *Edit*

Is the quality of NOW discernibly worse than the HD channel via the BT box?

I might do an initial month just to see before I decide to cancel the Main Event!

0 Ratings
robotman1
Contributor
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution

@TractorGirl 

The quality is much worse. Not only is it 720p but also 25fps which is shocking for fast moving sports such as football. To compare it, the BT Sport app is proper 1080p/50fps which is perfect.

0 Ratings
andydenyer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

@TractorGirl 

@robotman1 is correct in saying that it is noticeably worse than BT Sport in HD.  The main problem being not the resolution but the frame rate (only 25fps instead of the usual 50fps) which is really noticeable on fast moving sports such as football.  However, I really only find it an issue when watching on my main TV.  When watching on portable devices I don't find it a distraction at all.  And, to be honest, if it's a good game, I get so immersed in the action I'm not really thinking too much about the picture quality (but then, as I have mentioned on another forum, I grew up watching football in 405 line monochrome!).

If I were you, though, I wouldn't take out a monthly pass at this stage. I would go for a daily or weekly pass to try it out first.  Then, if you find that the lower picture quality isn't too much of an issue for you, you could take out the Season Ticket offer (10 months at quite a saving) before it ends on the 26th August.  If you did go down the monthly pass route first and found it was ok and wanted to continue, think about buying the Season Ticket before the 26th.  You won't lose out, as it won't actually kick-in until your first monthly pass month expires.

0 Ratings
AndrewF21
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

Hello I am just new to this forum as I am looking for an update, do we have a date on when we can get a full package of sky sports?

0 Ratings
robotman1
Contributor
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

@AndrewF21 

Welcome aboard. Unfortunately there is no date as yet. The latest that had been posted here was "before the end of the year" but then again deadlines have already came and went. We'll just have to wait and see.

tweetSP0RT
Beginner
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution

@AndrewF21wrote:

Hello I am just new to this forum as I am looking for an update, do we have a date on when we can get a full package of sky sports?

By the end of the year is the latest (vague) statement but I wouldn't hold your breath. 

EDIT see above post.

0 Ratings