cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_Red
Message 1 of 6

Smart TV (internal Youview) adding BT Sport? Android OS. Sony KD43X8309

Youview is on the TV, and does what you would expect but obviously no BT tab.

Can it be added to the list within the context of an internal Youview?

Simple question. Telephone sales thought it was possible. I can't yet see how to implement it. Any ideas anyone?

Still cost £49 installation - how's that for free?

before we consider other options:

Youview box is also mendaciously free as long as you pay £49 for the priviledge of doing the installation yourself, AND connect RF and RJ45 both before you start (they don't tell you it is mandatory - though). And alter the remote code if you have any other Humax built gizmo. (been there done that for others). And no RF in/out on either TV or Youview box, they want you locked-in to Youview (to snoop)! Yea, yea, splitter if you have a good signal (not sure yet).

This installation has a cable routing problem. RF & BT are on the opposite sides of the room. long cable, trip hazzard.

Health and safety begins with yourself !

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart TV (internal Youview) adding BT Sport? Android OS. Sony KD43X8309

No -- the Youview provided on Sony Tv only has some of the features available on Youview set top boxes.

see

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/What-features-does-YouView-offer-on-a-Sony-TV/

So to watch BT Sport on your TV you would need to have a BT Sport subscription from a BT Sport provider and the necessary set top box or casting device.

You may find Roy's thread on the Youview community useful on the Sony Youview features

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/roy-s-unofficial-youview-on-sony-faq

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mr_Red
Message 3 of 6

So the BT salesman lied then. Pass it on, they need more training. I am being polite, if accurate.

0 Ratings
Mr_Red
Message 4 of 6

Begs the question about Android apps & the BT Sport App as applicable to the Sony TV.

BTW I am extremely technical (9 websites with humungous bespoke JavaScript & Back-End s/w)

What I don't have is local knowledge. ie BT & Android & availabel Apps and their compatibility.

Interesting if there are answers on that. Where else would one find the clues but here?

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

This has been asked previously. There are websites with instructions to sideload Android apps to Android tv's. Whether it is possible is to sideload the BT Sport app is another thing though, but may be worth persuing.

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

@Mr_Red wrote:

Begs the question about Android apps & the BT Sport App as applicable to the Sony TV.

BTW I am extremely technical (9 websites with humungous bespoke JavaScript & Back-End s/w)

What I don't have is local knowledge. ie BT & Android & availabel Apps and their compatibility.

Interesting if there are answers on that. Where else would one find the clues but here?

If you are as "technical"  as you say, then you will be aware that the YouView provided on Sony Android TVs is not full blown YouView. For example, you cannot record from it. Furthermore, just because there is an Android BT sport App does not mean it is designd to work on Android TV. It does not take much research to establish that BT Sport is not available on stand-alone Apps; i.e. you have to purchase a relevant broadband or TV subscription first.

0 Ratings