cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TALON1973
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 22

So...... now that sports are being cancelled .....

Will we be getting discounts on all the sports that are affected by the Corona virus ?   A lot of people who have more sports packages than myself, but ANYONE with a sports package is losing out.

any info BT??

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 22

Re: So...... now that sports are being cancelled .....

NO

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/13/bt-sport-not-offering-refunds-to-customers-despite-...

I've been recording some of the live games on Sky and BT and saving them up for this eventuality 😀

garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 22

Seriously?? With all that's going on just now you're concerned about is getting money back from a company whose broadcasting is also being affected by something completely outwith their control?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 22

@garybs29wrote:

Seriously?? With all that's going on just now you're concerned about is getting money back from a company whose broadcasting is also being affected by something completely outwith their control?

It was also beyond BT control when Universal channel was withdrawn but they still allowed people to cancel BT TV contracts without penalty for that reason, what's the difference?

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 22

@Anonymouswrote:

@garybs29wrote:

It was also beyond BT control when Universal channel was withdrawn but they still allowed people to cancel BT TV contracts without penalty for that reason, what's the difference?

The channel isn't closing. It has lost some content temporarily which will no doubt be shown, hopefully, at a later date. But really should we discussing this when people are losing their loved ones??????

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 22

@Hunter2660wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@garybs29wrote:

The channel isn't closing. It has lost some content temporarily which will no doubt be shown, hopefully, at a later date. But really should we discussing this when people are losing their loved ones??????

To my mind, no we shouldn't but we shouldn't judge others either. For all you or I know there maybe sound reasons for some wanting to keep tight control of their finances

Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 22

What is it with some people? The sports are hardly CANCELLED. All our footie matches are postponed and will be shown later in the year as per BTs contractual agreement with FIFA, FA, Premier League, UEFA or whatever they have agreed.

It just requires a degree of patience.

Listen to some music, watch films, read a book, speak to our better halves and so on between hand washes.

TALON1973
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 22

It’s here’s a suggestion for BT ... seeing as the lack of actual 4K sports on channel 433 why not just rename it the 4k channel and put other 4k content on it?  Snatch is currently in 4K via the bt tv app. Put that on.

Dode
Expert
Message 9 of 22

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 22

Speaking for myself, I'm not after a refund, I'd be quite happy with an offer to flex my package earlier than I would be normally be able to

0 Ratings