cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TALON1973
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 22

Re: So...... now that sports are being cancelled .....

@Anonymous  

Doesn’t even need to be a refund..... just make other channels available for free while the problem is ongoing. Of course if you’ve already got everything, then some other recompense needs to be done.

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 12 of 22

@TALON1973  "just make other channels available for free while the problem is ongoing"

Not a bad idea as many may have to stay indoors for a while anyway. Of course pigs might fly!

0 Ratings
Cash03
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 22

Sky have recently announced that customers will be able to amend current subscriptions, they are also making otherwise exclusive content free to all users e.g free sky go, extra devices,etc. Additionally in partnership with universal, they are adding some new films straight to the sky store, in line/instead of cinema release. I'm sure BT could also offer similar perks

Message 14 of 22

@Cash03wrote:

Sky have recently announced that customers will be able to amend current subscriptions, they are also making otherwise exclusive content free to all users e.g free sky go, extra devices,etc. Additionally in partnership with universal, they are adding some new films straight to the sky store, in line/instead of cinema release. I'm sure BT could also offer similar perks

It's a clever ploy. Some will be sufficiently taken with these concessions to continue with them and pay extra down the line; meanwhile, Sky look generous and considerate in the face of adversity.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 15 of 22

@Longshanks0511wrote:It's a clever ploy. Some will be sufficiently taken with these concessions to continue with them and pay extra down the line; meanwhile, Sky look generous and considerate in the face of adversity.

A ploy possibly, but I have the Sport package which I signed up for exclusively for the football and, of course, that has just been suspended. Would it really hurt BT to offer customers the opportunity to flex their package before the 30 days is up and then start a new 30 day cycle?

Assuming football resumes on the 3rd April as forecast (can't see it myself) I would then miss out on a few games, but that's my choice (which is the whole idea of flexible TV packages,  to give the customers choice).

At the moment I'm not watching BT TV at all which represents a total waste of money, so I would even be willing to downgrade to the £10 package and continue to pay£15 for the rest of this 30 day period, at least I'll be getting something for my money.

0 Ratings
neverforgetthistrip
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

I think we ought have to remember they are a business too and probably looking to offer some flexibility. Meanwhile the main concern is probably to keep the well being of the employees to ensure support for us customers. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

I imagine BT will be feeling the pressure to come up with something for their Sports subscribers - I wonder how much the complexity of third party subscriptions (i.e. BT Sport purchased via Sky and vice versa) is hampering their deliberations.

MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 22

Why is it that people expect BT to provide an instant and definitive response to this? Yes, if people are suffering financial hardship as a result of the virus then they should expect to be treated with appropriate forbearance from BT, but for the majority we should wait and see how things pan out. Personally, I'm happy to continue to pay my subscription and for BT to decide whether its appropriate to provide a refund or some other sweetner once the full extent of the postponement is clearer. I will then decide whether I am happy or not. I expect it will be months before we see live sport recommencing.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 22

@MJH62wrote:

Why is it that people expect BT to provide an instant and definitive response to this? Yes, if people are suffering financial hardship as a result of the virus then they should expect to be treated with appropriate forbearance from BT, but for the majority we should wait and see how things pan out. Personally, I'm happy to continue to pay my subscription and for BT to decide whether its appropriate to provide a refund or some other sweetner once the full extent of the postponement is clearer. I will then decide whether I am happy or not. I expect it will be months before we see live sport recommencing.

@MJH62wrote:

Fair comment except for the bit about "instant and definitive response", where did that come from?

We all have our own circumstances and opinions, what I suggested is a compromise, I get £10 worth of TV content I can watch whilst continuing to pay the £15 I agreed to pay for the rest of the month. It's got to be better than paying £15 for something I don't watch at all now that football is suspended

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

@MJH62wrote:

Why is it that people expect BT to provide an instant and definitive response to this?

I didn't - until Sky made the move first. That is the potential game changer (sic).

Yes, if people are suffering financial hardship as a result of the virus then they should expect to be treated with appropriate forbearance from BT, but for the majority we should wait and see how things pan out.

I think the question as to whether BT needs to be proactive depends on how many people are actively cancelling their BT Sport subscriptions right now.

Personally, I'm happy to continue to pay my subscription and for BT to decide whether its appropriate to provide a refund or some other sweetner once the full extent of the postponement is clearer. I will then decide whether I am happy or not.

Me too. Others expect instant answers. 

I expect it will be months before we see live sport recommencing.

Agree again.

0 Ratings