cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa123456
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Sound dips on WWE Programming via YouView Box

I seem to have an ongoing issue with WWE shows recorded on my BT box (Humax DTRT4000). The sound dips every few minutes or so. Sometimes it resolves after time, and sometimes it persists for the whole show. I've noticed it for several weeks. I'm not having this problem with any other recordings on my box. Is this a known issue with the WWE feed?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sound dips on WWE Programming via YouView Box

WWE have been experiencing some technical difficulties over the last few weeks which was finally outed as the group called Retribution being little pests... I've noticed some audio drops but they seem to have cleared now... So it could have been part of the storyline

0 Ratings
Lisa123456
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

This is actual sound dips on the programme and have been going on since well before the Retribution storyline (which are very stylised 'glitches' accompanied by wrestlers hamming up confusion). They are not on the versions of Smackdown and Raw that exist on-demand on the BT App.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

I've noticed the occasional drop in sound quality on live recordings but nothing major...  It didn't interfere with the viewing though... It could also be some advertising that has been muted out on the catch-up recordings because WWE has lots of product placement/adverts built in to the original broadcast 

0 Ratings
Lisa123456
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

No. It’s not that.

It’s actual sound drops. Dropped twice during ‘then, now, forever’ on Raw last night. 

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

I haven't watched last night's Raw yet as I'm still watching SummerSlam... I'll update you when I've caught up v🤣

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

@Lisa123456  finally got round to watching Raw and yep the sound keeps cutting out... This is on my recording from Monday and not the On-demand catch-up stream

0 Ratings