cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElliesBoss
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Sport App Activation Issues

We are BT Infinity customers and have BT ID. However the BT Sport App won't accept login  details to activate pass. I've never had a problen with BT ID login before but tried a couple of different passwords in case I was having a bad day! Sure enough I got blocked for Twenty minutes. However I immediately went to the BT Login page and got logged in instantly. Question - why won't the app recognise the login details when I try to activate it? Thanls.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sport App Activation Issues

Is it your btinternet.com BT ID that you're trying to log in with @ElliesBoss ?  It's currently showing as locked out due to too many failed login attempts.

0 Ratings
ElliesBoss
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Gets confusing with BT! It's the same password we use to access and change account details etc

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 4 of 6

Try logging into www.bt.com/mybt with the same login that you're trying in the app. It should take you through a reset flow.

0 Ratings
ElliesBoss
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Tried the link. Was already shown as logged in so I logged out and logged back in and log in was successful. By way of interest I clicked on the BT Sport link and was informed I was signed in through BT ID but Sport wasn't available as we aren't subscribed. which is correct. Don't know if that means anything? 

Also when I bought the pass I used my own email address. I checked the main account and I wasn't linked to the BT ID so I rectified that. Still nothing on the app front! Look forward to any further ideas you may have. Been on the laptop for a couple of hours now so signing off. Who knows it might be working later. Thanks.

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 6 of 6

I've sent you a private message @ElliesBoss  as I don't want to be sharing your BT ID publicly.

0 Ratings