cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Sport app consistently fails to load

I don't know if it's because of something bt have done, but if I am watching something on BT sport app on my Samsung TV, then switch to the xBox to stream Sky, then switch back to BT sport, it won't load - I just see the black screen with the logo and bouncing dots- and I have to reinstall the app to make it work. 

Anyone else have this problem?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sport app consistently fails to load

Someone left feedback on the app just a few minutes ago to say something very similar. Was it you? This isn't something we've previously had any reports of.

When it happens, are you able to use the back/return key on the remote to quit the app? If you do, are you then able to launch the app?

The app hasn't been updated for a couple of months at least, so it's strange for this to have appeared out of nowhere.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Not me, no. 

Is there a way to completely reset my account? I've had about five phones in the last year for various reasons and although there's supposedly no limit on devices, I'm logged in on about a dozen. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

There's no concept of devices on BT Sport - as soon as you stop live video playback, that device is forgotten. Your credentials are kept on the device, but nothing is kept at our end. There's nothing that would prevent the app from loading.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Maybe switching to another source without pressing backup is what's getting it stuck. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

So you're leaving the video streaming when you switch sources?

When you switch back, what do you see? What screen is the app on? Or is that where is goes back to dots?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Not always. 

This latest time I left the bt app on the homepage, went to xbox. When I came back out showed the home page for a second then went to the black loading screen and got stuck. 

I pressed backup and it went back to xbox, but when I selected sport app again it loaded ok. 

Probably a Samsung issue

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for the details. We have managed to reproduce the issue, and have fixed it in our dev environment.
It'll be in our release in a couple of weeks time, but in the meantime, remember to use the back/return key to quit the app.
Message 9 of 11

Thanks for letting me know 👍🏼

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@DarrenDev @EABowden 

Darren, can you confirm this would affect all TVs? I encountered the same last night using our Sony TV during the West Ham match when I switched to YouTube for a few minutes at half-time.

I simply couldn't get back in  and compromised by using the iPad to Apple TV which is just as good!

Come on you Irons! 

0 Ratings