cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Sport app in 4K on Nvidia Shield

Go to solution

Hi all,
I normally watch BT sport on my SKY Q, but heard that if I use the app on my Nvidia Shield I should be able to get 4K/HDR.

Could someone tell me how to go about this please?
(I get BT sport along with my BT Broadband, I don't pay SKY for it)

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Sport app in 4K on Nvidia Shield

Go to solution

If you have a BT Sport subscription that includes Ultimate access, then you simply need to install the BT Sport app on your Nvidia Shield device - you'll find it in the Play Store.  Then log in with your BT ID.

To check your device/account/broadband is up to it, go across to the cog in the top right corner of the app and select the Device Checker.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

I have no idea what Ultimate access is, so I'm guessing I don't have it.

Is Ultimate the one you need a BT box for? I don't have a BT box and don't need one as I usually watch sport via SKY.

I know my devices (Nvidia Shield, LG 4K Oled) are suitable, I just need to be able to get the app to stream in 4K. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Easiest way to tell is to install the app. Even if you don't have Ultimate access, you'll get the best BT Sport experience using the BT Sport app as it provides access to everything we have to offer (assuming your broadband speed and wifi signal is good enough).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

I have the app installed already and it works really well... but I'd love to stream in 4K.

Can you just upgrade the app (and obviously pay a bit more if necessary)? Or is that not possible if I don't have an Ultimate subscription?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

It's an account thing rather than an app thing.  I'm not great with BT subscription options, but I think you should be able to upgrade your current package to Ultimate for an extra £5 a month - see here: https://www.bt.com/sport/bt-sport-ultimate

Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

That sounds like exactly what I was looking for, many thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Excellent.  If you decide to go for it, let me know how you get on - it'd be good to confirm that route is definitely open to you as a BT Broadband + Sky subscriber.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

I just tried to upgrade but it's impossible to do it online 😞
Once I'd filled in my account number and postcode as requested the next page just had one option: "Keep BT Sport".

I guess I'll have to ring them.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi, sorry to jump in on this but I am having trouble with BT Ultimate on my Nvidia Shield Pro 2019.

I have Ultimate included with my BT Sport package and the device checker in the BT Sport app says so and that my device does HDR and broadband speed is fast enough. But, all I get is the HD channels. 

Just wondered if you had come across this before?

TIA

@DarrenDev 

0 Ratings