Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Sport on Retail Youview Box

Hi All

I have a BT YouView box purchased from the BT Shop (don't ask). During numerous calls to BT trying to get Sport and sort out a billing issue nothing was said about this being an issue. However as a follow up to (one) of my complaints a 'Digital Care Advisor' is insisting I need a Vision + box which will be supplied FoC. I am getting channels 507.. and the 'extra' in the EPG, the exchange is multicast, our TV transmitter is Crystal Palace (not sure that is relevant) and we are getting 75mb on Infinity.

I think she is wrong, particularly after viewing the YouView from BT page http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv/youview-box. Her explanation is that although it's a BT branded box it looks like any other YV box to them.

I know you may be thinking, it's a free box just take it, but I don't really want it.

colts

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
colts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sport on Retail Youview Box

Sorry, got the wrong product, should have been 'BT Vision Player on YouView' http://www.bt.com/player

colts
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Yes - with a retail box you can order BT TV with BT sport via the links at bt.com/player

You need infinity to get BT Sport, but as you do already you'll be fine.

Don't bother speaking to BT call centre staff about this - they have absolutely no knowledge of the arrangements for retail boxes and will just give you duff info (as you have found).
0 Ratings
colts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thanks Colin_London, don't think I'll upset the apple cart now, I feel so close to getting a result (wonder how many people on here have had that feeling come and rapidly disappear). Despite being scheduled for delivery tomorrow the Vision + box arrived today. Seems it has no HD tuner and main HD channels only available as part of Extra channels(?)! Read elsewhere only one can be 'registered' at a time.
No idea what the mechanism is that allows one box to pick up multicast channels at a time, if this is true. So at the moment waiting for BT to enable BTS which is where I started some time ago.

colts
0 Ratings
Highlighted
tvwatcher
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Colts worth checking on my bt does it show you as set up for sport? If you have a new box it will need to get latest software.

If you are in an infinity area you can get be sport on the you view box
0 Ratings
colts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Thanks tvwatcher, yes it does show that I am set up for BTS but (so I am told) that is just for online. I was told this morning via email that I am on the old Vision platform and that I would be migrated next Tuesday. After that they would be able to give me BTS via which ever (apparently) box was connected.
So the 64GB question is, will I be able to see BTS on both at the same time? I think some of the complications are caused by what the BT systems allow the agents to do? Obviously if after next week I will be able to use my YV box for BTS then why did I need the V+ box? Proof of the pudding next week and I will report back.
Sorry if anyone thinks there is too much detail it's just that I have gleaned a lot from reading other peoples frustrations so find the detail interesting.

colts
0 Ratings
colts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Update:

So there was a 'fault' on my account which was fixed and BT Sport ordered, again. BTS started working on Ch 507-12 on the YouView box. Next day after Middleware update happened on V+ box started working on multicast on there as well. B*gger me if in the post that morning a viewing card arrived???? Oh well it's working on both boxes now and they have made a refunded for the truncated BB deal, so I'm happy (at last).

colts

0 Ratings