cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Sports Packages with BT TV

Go to solution

Hi All,

I'm not a BT customer so I'm hoping some of you guys could help. I'm looking at taking out a BT TV & Internet package because the prices and offers are way more tempting than Sky and Virgin. But I've read online that the sports and movie packages are basically Now TV passes. I've used Now TV passes before (through an Xbox) and the quality has never been the same quality as live TV. I'm a massive sports fan and while watching sports, I can be a bit of a snob when it comes to definition/stream quality. Sports is the only TV I watch (apart from films) so that's all I'd be getting the box for. 

My question is, how is the streaming through the BT box? Does it look like live TV? Has anyone experienced that they're slightly behind on the live sports? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sports Packages with BT TV

Go to solution
It depends on your broadband speed. If your line is fast enough to receive the channel over multicast, then you can watch the channels in near-real-time in HD or 4K quality (depending on channel and subscription) on the YouView box.
If it's not fast enough to support the multicast channels, then you can still receive up to 4K quality via one of our BT Sport apps for the BT Sport channels, with a slight delay from live (minimum 4 seconds, can be longer depending on the device you use and how well it manages to keep up).
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Cheers for that. Much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

We connect at about 32Mbs and I find that all the BT f& Sky sports channels are very clear in HD. 
you’ll need to connect at (I believe) about 44Mbs to be able to get UHD so I cannot comment about picture quality, however my TV has the BT Sports app and I can view UHD in that, and this picture quality is acceptable. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I use a third-party Now TV sports pass to watch using the Youview app and it is fine. That I sometimes instead watch by casting from my tablet to a Chromecast dongle instead is purely down to the long time it takes to boot up the Youview box during the day when I have it in deep sleep mode.

0 Ratings