cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: Streaming in SD on Android device with WiFi

Yes overwhelming feedback from customers is that fewer popups is preferable, especially when most people will choose the same quality option every time (if they have a big data plan for instance). So makes sense to have a permanent option in Settings rather than irritating people asking the same question every time they launch.

But there are of course some that prefer the popup like yourself - sorry this hasn't been a great experience for you as we like to please every customer. We can't put the popup back up when so few have the issue you're experiencing I'm afraid but we'll look to get the fix I've mentioned in asap.

In the meantime if you have a laptop you can watch on our webplayer too. We've also just launched on Samsung TV's, Xbox, and Apple TV's, so if you are a full BT Sport customer (ie. not EE or BT Mobile) then you can watch on those devices for free too.

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Community ModeratorKitH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
Ozzig
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Hey KitH,

Sorry for the thread hijack !! 

Any plans for LG TVs as well as Samsung? 

Thanks,

Roy

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 13 of 16

Hi Roy - we're on Samsung TV's, Apple TVs, and Xbox at present and continue to look at other platforms to launch on - so keep your eyes peeled 🙂

Community ModeratorKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
wardjnr
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

Just a reply to KIt... Saw that there was an update to the Sport App, and that you've added an option to stream in SD on WiFi and wanted to say thanks a million for taking this forward. 

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 15 of 16

Hi Wardjnr - no problem at all!! It's always good for us in the product team to get customer feedback and we try our very best to listen and make changes accordingly. We're not always able to do as much as we'd like to satisfy everyone but I'm pleased we've been able to help on this occasion (and it's especially nice for us to see our work vindicated so thanks for your thanks!).

There's lots of exciting new features and capabilities launching on the app in 2019 so I hope you enjoy, and keep feeding back!

cheers,

Kit

Community ModeratorKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 16 of 16

Not right now but we continue to look at other platforms to launch on to make it easier for customers to access our content. If you don't have Samsung, Apple TV or Xbox One and want to watch on a large screen then I'd highly recommend getting a Chromecast device and casting from the app to your TV. It costs around £30 for a standard one and you'll be able to cast in HD, getting an awesome viewing experience.

Community ModeratorKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings