cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 36

Re: Stuck on 720p

Go to solution

I notice that 720p has been implemented, but frame rate is still all over the place for me. Will the boxing on Ultimate tonight be ok?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 36

Go to solution
Frames dropped is the important number. As long as it's 0, the video is rendering correctly.
Message 23 of 36

Go to solution

Ok, thanks. My device is dropping enough frames to sink a battleship on the BT Sport regular channels even @720p now. I managed to have a quick  look at the boxing on Ultimate last night and it was spot on - no frames dropped. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 36

Go to solution

You're saying the regular channels are dropping frames at 720p? This is from the "frames dropped" count, not the "average frames"? If so, that's a concern.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 36

Go to solution

Yep, I’m afraid so. Just had a quick look at BT Sport 1. Frames dropped quickly reaches three figures in next to no time.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 36

Go to solution
OK that's annoying. I'll check your stats tomorrow. I'm not aware of any Amazon devices that shouldn't be fully capable of 720p50.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 36

Go to solution

Apologies for the thread hijack!

Having recently purchased a Firestick 4k, I had only tested the BT Sport app breifly by looking at pre-recorded streams, all looked OK, but yesterday I tried to view the live BT Sport channels and the motion was awful and made watching the live DTM race impossible.

Is this likely to be the same issue? How come it looked fine with the pre-recorded streams - are they streamed at different resolutions/frame rates?

The Firestick was only plugged in to a 1080p TV and connected wirelessly. Don't think the TV can tell me what the resolution/frame rate being received/displayed was - Sony KDL32WD751.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 36

Go to solution
Not a hijack @smartin - it's the same issue.
We're genuinely baffled by this one - devices that could previously play content OK, are now struggling to keep up. This is my #1 priority at the moment, and will get it sorted ASAP.
The on-demand content is lower quality, and also isn't content protected, so isn't affected by this issue.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 36

Go to solution
Quick update to say that we've confirmed that this issue has been caused by the latest Fire OS update, released earlier this month. We'll be releasing a temporary config update tomorrow that will automatically drop devices to 720p25 if affected by this issue (to give a smoother video), and we'll be releasing an app update as soon as we've figured out how to work around the change in Fire OS behaviour.
Message 30 of 36

Go to solution

Meaning 1080p50 will be retained? 

(P.S, massive thanks for your work to fix this, you guys in the dev team as rock stars!!)

0 Ratings