cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Subtitles on BT Sport

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

Hi Darren, I've noticed when playing the odd BT Champions League and other European matches highlights on YouTube that subtitles are available.

I watch BT Sports on the BT Sports App on a Smart TV but there are no subtitles on the live broadcast. I believe you mentioned some time ago that this would be addressed.

Is it possible to have an update and possibly see live subtitles before, at 76 years old, I pop my clogs? Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Subtitles on BT Sport

Go to solution

Unfortunately not @Carlusha - with the planned move of all BT Sport content to Discovery+, there are no plans to add this feature to the BT Sport apps on any platform.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

So, presumably @DarrenDev the BT Sport apps across the various platforms will be closed down once this (not inconsiderable)process has been completed. Does this also have implications for your own position and those of your team?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Yes on all points unfortunately @Brucemeister5.  A few have already jumped ship, and I'm sure many more will before the end. I'm still considering my options.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I thought that may well be the case @DarrenDev. Your engagement on here has been much appreciated, and I sincerely hope that you will prosper as a result of the changes that the JV will bring.

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I see that at the time of posting it is still possible to subscribe to the app on a minimum two year contract. So what are the implications for those that subscribe via the app if the app is to be discontinued?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
You're not subscribing to the app - you're subscribing to the service.
The service will continue, but with the Discovery+ app.
BT Sport will also remain on the BT TV platform after the BT Sport app ceases to exist.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@DarrenDev  - I have a Sports subscription. If the App is withdrawn, how will I watch in future? I don't have BTTV as it would be a luxury for this old pensioner. I can manage the Sports subscription which I consider to be a bargain. Now, if this disappears, will I be able to access the Discovery+ app via my Smart TV without having to subscribe to BTTV?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Yes - Discovery+ will become available to all BT Sport subscribers in the new year - long before the BT Sport app is shut down.