Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Switching between Standard and Enhanced Players in BT Sport app on Android

Go to solution
Hi there,

I understand the differences between the standard and Enhanced player used in the BT Sport app but I was wondering if when watching Champions League full match replay, is it possible to change to the standard player so that I can cast this to the TV using Chrome cast?

Cheers

Aaron
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Switching between Standard and Enhanced Players in BT Sport app on Android

Go to solution

Hi @Terraa87 

Not sure if things have changed recently but my impression is that whilst selected live events are available in enhanced player mode AND standard player versions the catchup and ondemand content is available in a mixture of enhanced player or standard player so for example you might get a full match replay available in enhanced player only and shorter hightlights programme in standard player only. In that case there wouldn't be a alternate stream for you to switch to.

Perhaps some of the more regular viewers of these streams can confirm.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Terraa87,

I'm afraid at present full replays of UCL games are only accessed in the Enhanced player so you aren't able to cast. For the most recent knockout games we do tend to post long highlight videos of around 45 minutes which will be available in Standard player and castable, so keep an eye out for those.

thanks

Kit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I got BT sport through EE so we could watch Porto in the Europa league. 

Who wants to go backwards and forwards during a live match. 

Enhanced mode is pointless and it seems that I simply can't watch my team on the big TV because of this stupid mode being standard on so called red button content. 

Cancelled. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hey there - keen to help you out on this. Do you have the EE large-screen bolt-on? If so you will be able to watch live Europa League football on our app on Xbox, Playstation, Apple TV, Samsung smart TV's, iOS and Android devices, as well as web and chromecast.

Full replays won't be available to cast at this time but long highlights will be.

Sorry you don't enjoy the Enhanced player but the vast majority of our customers love being able to search back through highlights during a game, as well as checking stats and lineups whenever they like. And to be clear - the Enhanced player shouldn't impede your ability to watch on large screens (if you have the large screen bolt-on from EE).

Any questions let me know!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

That’s just not good enough. We (many users in here!) want to be able to cast the match replays. Period! That bolt on in Ee should allow us to do just this. Not just the live content. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Deesto,

Sorry you're not able to cast replays as you'd like right now. Best solution is to cast extended highlight videos eg. 45minutes long, which you can do. The vast majority of our customers watch live, so it's not a particularly in-demand function on replays. However, we understand some customers' frustration and it's something we are looking at adding in early 2020 but I understand that doesn't help you right now. Bear with us if pos!

Anything else I can help with please let us know.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi,

I know you are just trying to offer a solution at this stage, but as I'm sure you can understand, the highlights spoils watching the rest of the match. It's just not the same content by any means... I want to watch the full match, sometimes just an hour after the match has just ended, even before i know the results, as i get home from working late. So, I would not want to come anywhere near highlights at this  stage.

I think given the amount of posts that are in this forum, how high it comes under the google search results, and the amount of people who have already said they've unsubscribed from the service due to this being a problem, I think you ought to get a move on asap. It's quite shameful really, especially as you already have the technology available and in place when streaming live (so i should think there would be very little developing or infrastructure to organise because of this).

May I also use this opportunity to say how lacking in forward thinking is the fact that the match end result is posted where the replay page loads up.

All other streaming and sporting apps I have used do not ever spoil the result before watching the replay. That is indeed also frustrating... (as pathetically I have to try to cover it by hand, for which I'm yet to succeed). Guys there is no need to post the results on the matches listed under Champions League, nor on the replays section! You are sporting channel, surely you should know this stuff works...*try* to get this right, pleaasee?!

I mean you would list the matches and their date... never the results next to that description, or when the play page of the replay match loads up.

Seriously, at this stage and pages, we do NOT want to know the results or who won a race! For that we have the news and any other apps with sporting notifications..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Deesto - I understand your frustration. I know it seems like it should be incredibly easy to add casting to our replays, but I can assure you there are complexities which mean it's not a simple fix - otherwise trust me we would have done it! 

As I mentioned though we are working on this and hope to add casting in the enhanced player it in the first part of 2020 which will allow replays to be cast too.

Re. spoilers - again we are aware of the irritation this causes for some of our customers and we are looking at a solution in an updated app in 2020. You mentioned race results - we do currently have a Spoiler free page for MotoGP and UFC. If you navigate to Catch up (in the side menu) > MotoGP > Spoiler free then you'll find race replays which don't have any spoiler titles.

If you have any spoiler free apps you particularly like feel free to share them here to ensure we are incorporating the best of other experiences into ours.

Any other questions let me know.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

It’s all good... you seem to understand where we are coming from. Happy that it is being looked at, at least. So Fingers crossed the requested updates come sooner rather than later :)! Thanks again. 

0 Ratings