Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

TV - is he paying twice for BT Sport?

Go to solution

My father has asked me to check his BT bill because he thinks he may be paying twice for BT Sport.

He subscribes to the BT TV Entertainment package which, if you look at the list of included channels, includes BT Sport 1, 2 and 3 and the ESPN channels.

In addition, his bill shows a separate charge for BT Sport - see below

bt.PNG

So, is BT Sport included in the Entertainment subscription or not? If he cancels the BT Sport subscription will he still get it through the Entertainment package.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: TV - is he paying twice for BT Sport?

Go to solution
I don’t think you get the BT Sport pack as part of the Entertainment pack, it used to be that you got BT Sport 1 ‘free’ if you were a BT Broadband customer , but I’m not sure if that’s still the case , or if it’s only ‘free’ using the BT Sport App or watching on line with a PC or similar, if you want all the sport channels and viewable on a BTTV box, I suspect it’s chargeable , but discounted from what a non BT Broadband customer would have to pay
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

BT Sport is an optional extra to any BTTV package, so your father has the Entertainment pack, he then has BT Sport on BTTV as an addon, he's only paying once, if he remove the BT Sport addon he would lose access to the sport channels, except for Eurosport.

The Max HD pack and the Max 4K include BT Sport on BTTV free, all other packages it's an extra.
It might however be worth seeing how much an upgrade to Max HD is, it can sometimes work out the same or less, Max HD would also give him BT Sport in HD which is normally an extra £6.50 per month but comes included with Max HD.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

So this

bt.PNG

which is taken from the list of channels included in the package is a downright lie?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

If you read more into it you'll see the Entertainment package which shows that channel list you're comparing it to is £20 per month, It's the new customer bundle, your father is paying £9.45 + £6.00 as an existing customer who has them as seperate addons, so that's £4.55 per month less than a new customer, content is the same but pricing for new customers is different, in this case more expensive.
So no, it's not a 'downright lie', you're comparing what new customers get now to what existing customers used to get.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

So where it says within his account that he can 'upgrade' to the Entertainment package for £10 per month, which lists all those channels, including BT Sport, he'll then get BT Sport included and can cancel his BT Sport contract (although, I expect BT will say he's signed up for a year!)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

£10 sounds too cheap to include BT Sport but MyBT does offer some great savings so I could be wrong, also changing the BTTV or Sport element will see him renew the contract for 18 months, as BT broadband is a requirement for BTTV then his broadband contract will also been renewed for 18 months.

You'd be best off speaking to the Loyalty team on 0800 800 150 and get an account review done, get all discounts added in one go to keep the contracts in sync, otherwise you could end up discounting his BTTV package but pushing his overall package up with the BB renewed with no discount.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@mispeltyuothwrote:

So this

bt.PNG

which is taken from the list of channels included in the package is a downright lie?

I've checked this on the website and these are listed under Entertainment + BT Sport & the price is listed as £20 for a new customer. The Sport will be an extra charge on the Entertainment package

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

evewr mind just noticed this was also pointe dout earlier, my mistake

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

OK - thanks for your help and advice

0 Ratings