cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

The Athletic Free Subscription with BT Sport monthly

Hello

im trying to find where snouts on my account the verification code is to get the free subscription to ‘the Athletic’ online sports paper. 

any suggestions very welcome. Thanks. In my confirmation email it just says go to your account but I can’t locate it. 

thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: The Athletic Free Subscription with BT Sport monthly

I thought the offer ended on August 24th ?
It was redeemable by going to the 'your offers' section on the homepage after logging in to www.bt.com/mybt

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

The offer ended but I subscribed to it on the 23rd it was valid providing you subscribed before the 24th however since then I’ve been trying and not been able to do it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

In my experience there were two  methods of invitation to the The Athletic offer , the first that didn’t seem to work for some via MY BT and a second email invitation sent a couple of days  before the offer expired that provided a  web link to a subscription that didn’t involve going via My BT .  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Question .  Has this offer been restarted as a new subscriber seems to have reported seeing it offered but appears unable to activate ?

Message 6 of 14

BEWARE

I took up the offer last year on the 10 August 2021. I decided it wasn’t for me so I cancelled in my online account settings.

On setting up my account I arranged for certain email titles to be sent to me, “Weekly Newsletter”, “Breaking News” etc. To this date I have not received one single email, other than the original subscription acknowledgement. So in essence, I have not used any of the offerings over the trial period. As I never received anything from The Atlantic this added to my assumption that my subscription was cancelled.

I have now been debited £59.99 and in my online account is states I have an annual plan. Their T&C’s say NO REFUNDS.

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm that I did cancel. I have no email confirmation or screenshot, other than I know I did cancel ( I am quite meticulous with paperwork). 

So, I now have an annual subscription for something I do not want.

Stew

Message 7 of 14

Hi @StewM  , 

I can only comment on my own experience.  I took up the trial offer  on 23Aug 2021 and cancelled on 5Aug2022.

I got a subscription confirmation,

and a Cancellation confirmation .

Also I fared better than you on the I have a single email of the athletic daily on July 1st 2022, so hardly daily. 

Suggest that you formally complain to the Athletic and also notify your card company that the subscription payment is being disputed. 

I also note that I received email  (7Jan) notifying me that the Athletic owners entering into an agreement to be acquired by the The New York Times Company.

Message 8 of 14

Hi @zulu17 , I just get automated responses from them saying the don’t do refunds. I have replied and explained what has happened but the way the T&C’s are written, I don’t hold out much hope.

To dispute the payment with my bank, I would need confirmation of my cancellation which I cannot locate. 

Looking like I am £60 down! 

Stew

Message 9 of 14

I think that is certainly worth pursuing for an explanation and investigation  as to why the selected subscribed to content wasn’t reaching you by email.  

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

@zulu17 . I have now got passed the automated emails and I am now emailing back to a real person.
I have been offered a partial refund to keep my account or a full refund and the closure of my account. As I have not used it - I have opted for a full refund.

Stew