cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

The Athletic offer

Hi there,

I've received this offer (below), but there's no actual way of redeeming this. It shows up on my BT homepage without any 'red button' (or any button in fact) to actually do anything about it.

I see several people on twitter are bamboozled as well. 

Anyone here know how to activate this?

Cheers

TO CELEBRATE, WE’RE OFFERING UNRIVALLED FOOTBALL INSIGHT FREE FOR A YEAR

Claim a free 12-month subscription to The Athletic
 £59.99 a year thereafter. Exclusively for BT Sport customers.

Be the football fan in the know. With dedicated writers for each EPL club, extensive European football coverage, The Athletic gives you unrivalled coverage and analysis of every league, every game, every goal. And it’s yours free for a year.

Hurry, offer ends 24 August. Sign in to My BT and within the your offers section on the homepage redeem your free subscription to The Athletic today.

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: The Athletic offer

I clicked on the red 'reveal your code' button and it revealed a code and then a 'Use Now' option.

I did that and the subscription is now up and running.

Ensure ad-blockers etc. are disabled.

ozsat_0-1628831895705.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

What happens after you click Use Now? Does that start a registration process? We’ve got the offer sitting in our account now.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Hi, I clicked through the offer in MyBT. Signed up with a Google email registering Apple Pay. No acknowledgement of subscription other than offering 7 days free trial. Then started receiving same duplicate emails from The Athletic on the Google email and the Apple Pay email. Total farce. Cancelled and deleted.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

I disabled any adblock etc........ still nothing. I just don't get a red button on that offer)

noopjay_0-1628845741764.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

Hi @noopjay, sorry you are having a problem taking up the offer. Can you clear your cookies and cache and try again and also have you tried using a different browser?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

@noopjay 

@JohnC2 

I tried and got the same as @noopjay  'no reveal code'  then disabled adblocker but still nothing.  then deleted history and cookies for last 7 days still nothing  I have managed my cookies to just essential but after removing just essential and accepting all cookies the offer code was then available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 24

Hi @imjolly, thanks for your efforts on this and hopefully this helps @noopjay  get his order placed.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Hi there,

I have tried this; even deleting all cookies and history 'from all time'. 

This still hasn't worked. I don't get any red button offer.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

I tried deleting cookies but that did not work  I had to go to manage cookies and then accept all and then restart browser and it worked then - was using chrome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings