cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
munko123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Transmitter strength

Can anyone tell me if I can receive BTsports via Btvision box. I know that I cant with a youview box. The info from BT is confusing to say the least. My local Transmitter is Scoval in the scottish highlands.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: Transmitter strength

@munko123 wrote:

Can anyone tell me if I can receive BTsports via Btvision box. I know that I cant with a youview box. The info from BT is confusing to say the least. My local Transmitter is Scoval in the scottish highlands.

Thanks.

Hard to say for definite as I don't know the area, but according to ukfree Scoval is a Freeview Light transmitter which I don't think carries the COM6 mux necessary for BTS. So sadly I don't think so. Does the channel list on the transmitter link tally with what you can receive?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
munko123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Cheers for response been on this all day. Was told by BT that i cant but after the mis info that is being spouted by so called advisers thought someone here might have definative answer.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 15

Can you receive ITV4 and 4music?

0 Ratings
munko123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

No mate but film4 has been added.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 15

Then I'm afraid you're stuffed as far as DTT is concerned. You may have to use the web interface. Or a Freesat from Sly installation would be another possibility, but you'd really have to want it to go that far.

0 Ratings
munko123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

sky you mean, freesat card now a possibility and if there are more people in same situ as me I can see BT losing customers which I dont want, well not to murdoch.

0 Ratings
Salcombedrewsy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

I'm also on a 'relay' transmitter so can't receive sport on my bt vision box. Only reason I placed the order for the tv package. One highlight being able to stream it via Apple TV although that kept rushing tonight
0 Ratings
munko123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

This whole bts thing is becoming a joke. Cant understand why BT dont tinform their customers about this.

0 Ratings
Salcombedrewsy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Munko, have you spoken to India about this?! Not quite sure they understood about relay transmitters.
0 Ratings