cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Trying to watch BT Sport Rugby on PC

Why is it impossible to watch Premiership Rugby live on the BT Sport website?  I can do it from the app, but when I go to my Windows 10 PC on Chrome, I either get a VC526 (?) error, or a "not available in your country" message.

Either I can watch it with my account or not - what's going on?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Trying to watch BT Sport Rugby on PC

Neither of those errors suggest a problem with your subscription. VC526 means the content is struggling to load. The other message suggests you're not in the UK.

Are you using a VPN on your PC? Or any software that could be manipulating your data - e.g. some form of anti virus or content filter?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Darren,  

Thanks for your reply.  No VPN, in the UK on BT BB, and have McAfee AV installed.

Oddly, I can stream football fine - it's just the rugby that brings this error! Although, as I mentioned, the BT Sport App (which I personally think is dreadful) works fine

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

It doesn't know what sport you're trying to watch - the streams are the same no matter which sport it is.
There is a choice of standard player or enhanced player though - only some events are available in the enhanced player. The error messages you've mentioned sound like they're from the enhanced player.
I must confess - I don't know much about the web site, and have never used the enhanced player on it, so don't know what the user experience is like. Do you get prompted to choose standard or enhanced? If so, try standard.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Darren,

I don't even get the chance to pick a player.  Ironically, I can watch BT Sport 1 (which is football atm) on the enhanced player with no issue, but as soon as I try any stream without the enhanced player I still get the attached error.  iPad works fine without the enhanced version /puzzled

spewage_0-1618056393436.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Ok, not an issue I'm aware of then. I'll need to ask the web team on Monday.
0 Ratings