cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Tuesday evening Premier League games being shown on more than one channel (excluding Ultimate)

Go to solution

I notice that 3 matches being shown on Tuesday evening are going to be on more than one channel. Is there any particular reason for this? None of them are what I would consider to be particularly high profile matches either. I remember when matches were being played behind closed doors we had the option of commentary with fake crowd noise on one channel and commentary with natural stadium sounds on one of the extra channels. Is anything similar being done here, I wonder. I would like to have the option of just the stadium sounds with no commentary, for instance.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Tuesday evening Premier League games being shown on more than one channel (excluding Ultimate)

Go to solution

BT acquired the rights to an entire round of EPL games that will be played/broadcast Tuesday-Thursday.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Re: Tuesday evening Premier League games being shown on more than one channel (excluding Ultimate)

Go to solution

Yes, I’m aware of that, but why are 3 games being shown on more than one channel on Tuesday? Are BT Sport just duplicating coverage or will something different/additional be offered on the higher numbered channel?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
Looks like an EPG error - the schedule I have shows different matches on the extra channels
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Historically BT did this when they had subscribers who had lite type packages whereby they had BT Sport 1 and access to the extra channels  or red button but not the full BT Sport 2, 3,4 in their package so all the Premier League games would be accessible.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

BT Sport 5,6 & 7 are duplicating Premier League games and the Serie A matches are being shown on 8 & 9 on Tuesday. I’m not aware of any different matches that BT Sport has the rights to.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I’m seeing the same

0A5CB923-A2ED-4AF9-BD4E-0BBDEC75658E.jpeg077D85AC-9746-4EB9-9B46-7FAA76404BD5.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
Sorry, you're right - my schedule still has them under their old names so I was seeing Extra 4 and Extra 5, which are now 8 and 9.
I've asked if anyone knows why they're being duplicated, but with it being a public holiday I'm not expecting any response today.
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
OK, so the streams will be the same video and audio feed. They're on the main channels to provide the full HD feed, but for contractual reasons (that I'm not going to pretend to understand) these particular matches also needed to be provided in the "standard" quality offered on the channels formerly known as Extra.
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Ok, thanks for clarifying that (on a Bank Hoilday too). I just wanted to make sure that I wasn’t missing out on any additional features that may have been available. I can now just choose to watch/record whichever matches I want to.

I do note, however, that the same contractual reasons don’t seem to apply on Wednesday when most of the big clubs are playing and the higher numbered channels are being used to show Ligue 1 and Serie A.

0 Ratings