cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RikB2000
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Two streams limit??

I don't quite get the English in the advice from BT on watching online on more than one 'device'.

It suggests as many supported devices as you like but only two streams at a time. Does this mean only two laptops for example can be connected at any one time.....OR......does it mean that several could be connected if they were all watching the same thing (same stream??)????

Obvioulsy I know that the same log-in credentials would need to be used.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Two streams limit??

The constraint is the number of devices, so with the BT TV app you can have two, one can be changed every 30 days. For a fiver a month you can upgrade to Extra which has a 4 device limit.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi - I was just looking for some info on this. If my partner was streaming a film downstairs & I was streaming a film upstairs. can we still use our iPad for browsing?

Just seen that this is on the BT TV app segment. Apologies. It was a general enquiry about the device limit for Fibre 1..

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 4 of 5

Depends if you're talking about BT TV or BT Sport, and what devices you're using.

With BT Sport the limit is only on the live channels - you can watch a live stream on up to 2 devices at the same time (doesn't matter if it's the same stream or a different one).  There's no limit on the clips and replays.

With BT TV, you're limited to 2 registered devices and you can swap a device once every 30 days.  There are then additional restrictions on different types of content - e.g. if you buy or rent a movie/box set then you can only watch on 1 device at any specific time, but the content included in your subscription can be watched on 2 devices at the same time.

In both cases, streaming on your YouView box doesn't count towards the limit so you can watch on there in addition to the limits specified above.

Sorry that it's not all that clear - this is the simplest we could make it with the restrictions imposed on us by the content owners.  You should generally find that if you try to go over the limit, the error will explain what you need to do.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hi ~ I posted this on the wrong section, sorry. It wasn’t about the device limit on BT TV or BT sport. I saw on the fibre one deal & it said streaming on one or two devices.  Thanks for the help though..

0 Ratings