Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colinroden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

UFC 202 "failed to record"

Hello,

i tried to record the UFC 202 live event on BT sport 2 HD but when I tried to watch it the following day the message said it failed to record! The box managed to record the prelims and all the build up programmes but failed on the main event. From looking around the forums it appears BT sport have an issue with the rights to record the UFC live events and that this is a known issue?.... If this is the case, BT should really make it known  prevent you setting the event to record. Really disappointing guys. UFC is the only reason I have BT instead of another provider. What is happening with this issue?

kind regards 

Colin 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: UFC 202 "failed to record"

@colinroden wrote:

Hello,

i tried to record the UFC 202 live event on BT sport 2 HD but when I tried to watch it the following day the message said it failed to record! The box managed to record the prelims and all the build up programmes but failed on the main event. From looking around the forums it appears BT sport have an issue with the rights to record the UFC live events and that this is a known issue?.... If this is the case, BT should really make it known  prevent you setting the event to record. Really disappointing guys. UFC is the only reason I have BT instead of another provider. What is happening with this issue?

kind regards 

Colin 

I'm not sure if there is a rights issue, but the fight's on again this evening. 

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Just to confirm the problem is not rights issue as mine recorded fine but as 4kmarty said there is a later showing at 23:00 on BT Sport 2. There could be many reasons why this has failed to record, it could of been because of an internet drop out

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
colinroden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Hello
Thanks for the responses. I'm aware there's a repeat showing but that's hardly the point. Just seems odd that everything up until the main card show recorded fine. It's been posted elsewhere that BT have confirmed its a licensing issue, I was just wondering if that's still the case or if this was just a bit of awful bad luck.
Regards
C
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Did you make sure that you recorded the program after the "Smaller fights" (Can't remember the name) as they were two different programs

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings