cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Unable to Transfer My Sky/BT Sport HD Subscription To My New BT Youview Box.

@Suffolktonywrote:

But there is no cost if I watch BT Sports on my old Sky box! I can't record, but I can watch just fine, along with the Freesat channels. 

Hi @Suffolktony 

As the full price of BT Sport HD on Sky for BT broadband customers is £18.50 and BT Sport HD on BT TV Classic is £16.50. Plus a bonus of all the Classic channels bundled in that is a saving of £2 a month. Or am I missing something (easily done for this OAP).

0 Ratings
Suffolktony
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Re: Unable to Transfer My Sky/BT Sport HD Subscription To My New BT Youview Box.

Yes, I'm aware of the costs. I already pay for BT Sport in addition to my phone & broadband package, but I can't watch it on the BT Youview box.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 13 of 19

Your subscription is for BT sports on Sky, if you wish to change then you need to cancel your subscription and subscribe on another platform, any change of promotion would come with its own minimum term.
You do get the app and online player support already though, the app works on multiple devices including a Chromecast, Xbox consoles and supported Apple TV.

BT Sports on BT TV is an addon to the BT TV, so you need the TV service to add it, right now all you have is a Youview box, the BT system won't know you have it though.

Your BT sports on Sky will work after the Sky subscription ends but periodically the cards need paired up, that won't happen without an active Sky subscription, so on that basis I wouldn't advise renewing a BT Sport promotion, if your Sky box stops supporting BT sport then it's not the fault of BT and you could pay an early termination fee, when your current deal ends you'll automatically go on a rolling 30 day contract with no discount.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

@Suffolktonywrote:

Yes, I'm aware of the costs. I already pay for BT Sport in addition to my phone & broadband package, but I can't watch it on the BT Youview box.

Hi @Suffolktony   Sorry, so what happens when you try to cancel it on Sky and take out Classic BT TV with BT Sports HD and save £2 a month? Or are you locked in to the BT Sport on Sky contract? Understandably the price is per platform to stop sharing a single box subscription.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 15 of 19

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

Hi @Suffolktony   Sorry, so what happens when you try to cancel it on Sky and take out Classic BT TV with BT Sports HD and save £2 a month? Or are you locked in to the BT Sport on Sky contract?

If you have BT Sports on Sky you can change to BT Sports with BT TV at anytime, you won't pay an early termination fee for the BT Sports on Sky contract, not only that but BT Sports on Sky would continue to work on Sky for the first 10 days of your BT TV subscription going live, you're not charged for the overlap.

Just bear in mind that adding BT TV will renew your broadband minimum term, BT broadband is a requirement for BT TV.

0 Ratings
Suffolktony
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 19

No point in continuing this thread now folks. To sum up - I can watch my existing TB Sport HD subscription on my free Sky HD box, on my iPad, iPhone, my android tablet, an Apple TV. But not on my BT's own Youview box without paying extra for the privilege, even though I can watch Amazon Prime, Netflix, Now TV, BBC iPlayer etc. on it...

For the last nine years or so I've used an old Sky HD box to watch the Freesat channels without a Sky subscription, using the old viewing card, in our holiday home without ever having to renew or refresh said card.

Not a happy bunny...

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Hi @Suffolktony,

I am sorry that we can't deliver the service the way you'd like it without incuring extra charges.

I've been going over all of the posts here and it leads me to believe that you must have had a special offer for your BT Sport on Sky service. Did you get it free or at a reduced price?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Suffolktony
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

It was something I added to my BT subscription. IIRC it was free for a few months, then I was charged for it. Not sure why this is relevant.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 19 of 19

How much are you paying for BT Sports on your Sky box?

Stew

0 Ratings